Zilean- Runes/Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tirado

01-04-2011

Widely used runes and masteries for zilean? Go!

liquidstardust

01-04-2011

9-0-21
magic pen
mana regen
cdr
exp quint

i think

NerdyDan

01-04-2011

i feel like flat HP or mov speed quints would do better

JerichoSlade

01-04-2011

Lately, I have forgone the magic pen route...I went straigh AP per level marks, MP5 Seals, and AP/glyphs, also the AP/level quints... if you figure out that 17 or so armor pen, withs a slight reduction in dmg early game, I have been running tons of ingame tests on which rune setup works best, but I have found that zilean with the ap/level rune setup with the sorc boots just owns the early mid game...
with 9/0/21 clarity is up almost as soon as you need it, and having time bombs hit by level 5 (1 :1 ap ratio I believe, too lazy to check at work, slow network, ) I am sitting with my 25 spell power book and my runes around 80 ap...thats 80 more dmg...the 27% reduction is pretty small form the starting 30 MR and per level gained by the enemy champ, plus, the sorc boots( which are cheap) negate 20 of that by level 5...almost doing full dmg with the aded boost...and on zil, CDR isnt really needed as much because of rewind...zil can dbl bomb you for almmost 3/4 of your health on a squishy char early one..its annoying to face a good zilean..like the ones who..bomb you...speed them selves up, rewind.. slow YOU down, bomb you again...and run away laughing with one second left on thier speed boost is makes me want to trhow my laptop...and...if he gets caught...his ult...with AP per level ...gets a 1 to 1 ratio, will pop him back up at full health...then the whole speed slow bomb kite method starts over again..just plain fun imo...at level 18 i have an additional 74 ap....thats an whole 2.5 k gold item! and MR cost alot more then say you get teh 40% mr void staff* (might be thinking of wrong item)...zil is a fun person/ support nuker, those MR pen runes kind of dropp off later it seems to me. let me knwo what you think. I know people will flame/ troll this post, but its just my opinion and works well for ME. I like to see good supports played well so feel free to suggest me some run setups
~Light

FckMan

Recruiter

01-04-2011

i use my malphite runes on him. mp5 seals and the rest magic penetration. dont bother grabbing AP, you have items for that and just max out Q asap while grabbing only 1 for W and once you got that, just grab E when you cant select Q or if its already maxed out.

LethalYarn

01-05-2011

I main with Zil and I use:
9/0/21 Mastery

Red: Magic Pen
Yellow: Mana Regen / Level
Blue: Flat CD Reduction
Quints: Flat HP

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

I run this Zilean Guide's runes & masteries