Rumble is quite possibly the worst champion in the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ergheis

02-06-2013

And.... and yes this belongs in the Lore Forums, and yes the word "worst" is proper. Rumble is quite possibly the absolute worst champion out there.

His lore basically states that he's angry at Yordles selling out and working with humans. So let's get started here, he's a racist bigot who thinks of a Yordle Master Race that has superior technology. That is a great start to this rant, definitely.

Now, he believes that Yordle-technology is superior, and to prove it he uses his "True Yordle-tech" machine to astound everyone.

Okay look at that PoS. It's barely even functional. It's basically a drivable tank with four weapons and a shield. It has a built-in flamethrower, a built-in Missile Pack, a built-in harpoon, and a mace.Anyone could slap those things onto a vehicle and it would be just as destructive. What's worse? It overheats anyway, because he has zero knowledge on how to create cooling systems. It even breaks down whenever he tries to use a joke.

THIS took months to create. And it's apparently Superior Yordle-Tech. THIS is what the yordle named Rumble wants his people to return to. So not only is he a supremacist, he is a BAD supremacist, because he is adamant on practically destroying the development of his race by having everyone use absolute trash for technology. That machine KILLS him every time, and yet he wants people to go about using that instead of the "safe" human technology. I can only imagine the facepalms at Bandle City. It's a wonder he even passed his Judgment.. thankfully that did not require use of that machine.

But he did pass his Judgment somehow and now he's in the League. And what does he do? He gloats and brags and giggles at people he's killing. So yeah, it's kind of clear he's fairly evil.

To top it all off, he named his machine Tristy. This has got to be the saddest part, and I can only imagine the amount of cringe that any team has when Rumble and Tristana are on the same side. The poor girl must have a restraining order by now cause that is just flat out creepy, publicly stating that he wants her.

So Rumble's a Racist, a Creeper, enjoys the Pain of others, and to top it all off, his agenda is stupid and harmful to himself and his people. At least Noxians and Zaunites actually have decent goals, but Rumble's is just flat out incorrect and stupid. He takes the crown of being, by far, the worst champion in the League.

Axinhed

02-07-2013

heimerdinger pls

Birdy51

02-07-2013

His hate of humans is actually vaguely rational, considering Noxus is xenophobic enough to eject every yordle from their city. And let's not forget Veigar, who's imprisonment by the human race made him absolutely insane.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

I think Rumble's view is more that humans see yordles as inferior and disrespect them despite their use of yordle technology.

Since his lore says he used to be bullied often, he might have developed an us vs them view of the world, thinking people were mocking him and his race when nothing of the sort was happening.

Albeit, its also possible that Rumble's views may not be totally unfounded: I'm sure at least some humans look down on yordles while taking their technology for granted.

(If memory serves, Noxus is particularly cruel to Yordles- perhaps they see them as weak while they value strength. Can't remember exactly where I think I saw that- maybe the old JoJ?)

His machine is impressive because he basically made it from scraps, and probably had to make every weapon on it in the same way.

I think its clear from Rumble's reflection that he knows more about machinery than what Tristy displays, but he doesn't seem to have the time (or possibly the rescources) to make something more formal.

He is essentially a self-taught mechanist like Vi, and might be working on projects other than Tristy.

As for how he kills people on the fields of justice, everyone in the league does that multiple times every match; and there isn't exactly an overarching theme of civil conduct in what they say to their foes and how they kill them.

In a JoJ, Rumble attempted, but completely failed to deny that Tristy being named after Tristana meant he was interested in her, so I doubt he is very upfront to her other than trying to impress her by killing in the FoJ.

(Tristana is, after all, a girl fond of explosions.)

Lonjanis

02-08-2013

Safer human technology? Pfft a significant portion of human tech was develeoped by yordles. There is a reason you sponsor a scientist like Heimer, and its not because you think he is a cool guy. Rumble's issue is the selling of yordle made stuff to humans. Also I feel like you are only thinking of Piltover. I wouldn't trust humans either after the mess that is Zaun

HonorableGeneral

02-08-2013

Rumble basically demonstrates what happens when you push someone too far. He's the foil to Heimerdinger - Rumble being the cynicist to Heimerdinger's idealism.

I'm not excusing Rumble's behavior - he's far from a nice guy, and I wouldn't condone his viewpoint considering that Yordles and Humans need not be enemies - but it's not like he's a 'Yordle Supremacist'. If anything, that title belongs to Veigar - except he's more a "I'm better than all of you" versus "My race is better than all of you".

Vongeo

02-09-2013

I really like this thread.

Trolosaurus

02-09-2013

I like to think that the reason he isn't played very much is because he is generally disliked by Summoners. Human Summoners hate him for obvious reasons, and Yordle Summoners are likely appalled at his behavior.

In universe, he's probably managed to piss off pretty much every single champion who as a result, don't want to be near him, or can't be near him for risk of losing their temper on him (Vi). Those he hasn't managed to piss off probably do their best to stay clear of him kind of like that one cousin at the family reunion, which essentially means that his social contact is limited to....... nobody, maybe Amumu.

Racism doesn't get you far, neither does stubbornness and a bad attitude. All three of these combined make a poor impression. I should know, I'm Jewish, I've met many of these wanks in my life, and for that reason I hate Rumble and know that others hate Rumble.

Montesque64

02-09-2013

I agree he's kind of a jerk, "the worst"? Nah, I think that'd have to be the sociopathic chemical weapons designer, one of the two assassins, the psychopathic "Doctor", the raging cannibal (Renekton), or possibly the guy looking to unleash terrors of the void into the world and wipe out all life on Runeterra. I'd say one of those is the worst.

Loyality

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axinhed View Post
heimerdinger pls
agreed