Just had an Ezreal build Tri-Force first

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dewtrocity

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleorfeed View Post
so much stupidity
Tell me how? One has 70 AD for 2800 gold one has 30 AD for 4k gold, yes the Tri-Force gives more utility but in a mid game fight having that extra AD will be the difference between winning or losing the fight. Please tell me where my math is wrong, I'd love to hear it.

0neechan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

. . .
well, isn't that why they upped cost of bloodthirster and decreased cost of trinity?
and ez takes full advantage of trinity, so it is actually very effective
unless of course you don't realize how much advantage u get with utility and just look at straight damage

NotBuzzJack

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewtrocity View Post
Bloodthirster= 70 AD 2800 gold

Tri-Force=30 AD 4000 gold

Math says otherwise.
I think what you meant to say is
Trinity Force = +30 ability power
+30 attack damage
+30% attack speed
+10% critical strike chance
+250 health
+200 mana
+8% movement speed
UNIQUE PASSIVE - Icy: Your basic attacks have a 25% chance to slow your target's movement speed by 30% for 2 seconds (20% for ranged attacks).
UNIQUE PASSIVE - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus damage equal to 150% of your base attack damage as physical damage. (2 second cooldown).

4000 gold

Dewtrocity

02-06-2013

I love how everyone telling me I'm wrong is either hiding behind a smurf account or bronze elo.

Shadowy1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Trinity force gives more overall damage output than a bloodthirster. The downside is that it requires good utilization of the procs, good positioning, and proper usage of ezreal's skills. A bloodthirster gives a giant hunk of raw AD and sustain making it less dependent on the player's skill, at the cost of optimal damage output.

Layla

02-06-2013

Quote:
I love how everyone telling me I'm wrong is either hiding behind a smurf account or bronze elo.
Except you are wrong. That Ez was just bad.

NotBuzzJack

02-06-2013

Quote:
Well I can't post from a banned account now can I? Don't ask why my main was banned, cause I don't really know why.

SmugUniverse

02-06-2013

Quote:
Bloodthirster= 70 AD 2800 gold

Tri-Force=30 AD 4000 gold

Math says otherwise.
BT= Lifesteal, attack damage.

Triforce= Attack speed, crit chance, movement speed, mana, health, chance to slow, 150% base ad proc, attack damage.

"math says otherwise"

Dewtrocity

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
I think what you meant to say is
Trinity Force = +30 ability power
+30 attack damage
+30% attack speed
+10% critical strike chance
+250 health
+200 mana
+8% movement speed
UNIQUE PASSIVE - Icy: Your basic attacks have a 25% chance to slow your target's movement speed by 30% for 2 seconds (20% for ranged attacks).
UNIQUE PASSIVE - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus damage equal to 150% of your base attack damage as physical damage. (2 second cooldown).

4000 gold
Yes, less damage, more utility. In the mid game having way more AD over the utility is better. Please tell me when the last time a pro Ezreal player built Tri-Force first, because everyone goes BT first. This Ezreal literally wasn't doing any damage, he got killed 1v1 by a Tresh because he had no AD.

FreeGothitelle

02-06-2013

Triforce is bad on Ezreal.
It's a bruiser item, like really, the main reason people buy it is because it's the best upgrade to sheen, and also builds out of an early phage for them.

Ezreal's damage will suffer if he gets a trinity force, and iceborn gauntlet is just way better for him than it in general.

If you're going adc ez, build like an adc, BT > Stattik/PD > Last whisper > IE.
Trinity force has no room...especially when it's outclassed by Iceborn gauntlet as "item that gives a lot of utility but less damage".