Encompassed Story

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iam PYR0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

why was i named lol I was looking for someone that might want to write some lore for my champions lol i don't see what is wrong with that.

Frost Archer

02-07-2013

Nothing really. I was just saying that I wouldn't have done what you did. A simple matter of opinion. :/ I was merely giving a suggestion....

Tytrus

02-07-2013

Who says I haven't started? I have a general idea and direction and started a plot out, but I don't want to be the only person doing this. Here I'll try to make it more clear; an author writes a book, a team of developers produce a game. I'm not trying to be the author who writes the book, I want a team of developers to produce a story, me being one of them with the original idea and direction. Make more sense? I have many ideas, and a central starting point and direction, but that's always open to be tweaked and transformed. I want a team, not a one man show.

iam PYR0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

I can help with ideas if you want I am not much of a writer tho sadly, But still willing to help where I can if you want, but I could use some help with my lore to if you wouldn't mind.

Ark Angel HFB

02-07-2013

I'm not sure I like the idea of throwing out a whole race of characters...

It doesn't seem true to any of the world building that has been done by Riot of the community in general...

If you want a gritty realistic story that is one thing... but you need to also think that you are writing for a different reality/universe. You have ghost, magic, The Void, guns, sword, runes, and Races of creatures.

You can be gritty without throwing away any of that... you don't need to get ride of Teemo's back story to be gritty anymore than you need to get ride of Veigar's. Hell Veigar has a epic story of being imprisoned and driven made with power and loneliness. Teemo by his own people's standards is a sociopath capable of committing acts seen as unthinkable by most of his kind..

I think if you look at the current lore there are already some great back bones of grit without giving up anything. And please don't forget... a completely dark story is boring. Without levity to contrast the angst, the angst loses meaning and the story falls flat as one note.

You want dark... lulu can turn people into cupcakes and eat them... cait can snipe people who don't even see her, Lux can turn invisible and sneak past people, fizz can summon a shark to rip people apart, Malzahar can rot a person mind in moments, Fid can drain the life from you with fear, Shaco would turn your death into a bad pun, Kass had his daughter stolen by the very thing he was fighting, Warwick and Signed have killed thousands in horrible ways, and Soraka is a fallen deity...

The Lore of the League has dark covered 9 ways to Sunday if you look for it.

Frost Archer

02-07-2013

I just found it funny about the whole book vgd thing. But what ever. It's your story. I gave my idea, and you don't have to take it. Maybe I'll drop some ideas some other time.

Tytrus

02-07-2013

Ark, I appreciate your opinion and take on the League of Legends. With that being said I'm not going to be entirely sticking with Riot lore. Your opinion on the bones of this story is very conservative for my taste, and has probably been told many times over in other fanfiction and lore. I want to escape from that, and give it a new feel. I'm not saying I'm wiping out a race of characters, I'm saying I'm transforming them and in many ways giving them personality that real people can relate to. Leagues is a game. Looks like a game, even feels like a game. Feels forced and polite and shattered. I enjoy playing the game, but this story isn't about playing a game. It's about telling a tale. It needs to feel like a journey, like a struggle, like life or death, so by all means I'm going to change it up a bit and stray from the conservative pg happy-ending easy going world feel. Thank you, for your viewpoint though.

Ark Angel HFB

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytrus View Post
Ark, I appreciate your opinion and take on the League of Legends. With that being said I'm not going to be entirely sticking with Riot lore. Your opinion on the bones of this story is very conservative for my taste, and has probably been told many times over in other fanfiction and lore. I want to escape from that, and give it a new feel. I'm not saying I'm wiping out a race of characters, I'm saying I'm transforming them and in many ways giving them personality that real people can relate to. Leagues is a game. Looks like a game, even feels like a game. Feels forced and polite and shattered. I enjoy playing the game, but this story isn't about playing a game. It's about telling a tale. It needs to feel like a journey, like a struggle, like life or death, so by all means I'm going to change it up a bit and stray from the conservative pg happy-ending easy going world feel. Thank you, for your viewpoint though.
I think you may have missed my point. You may want to consider that changing whole back stories for a reason basically amounting to you don't think they are edgy enough is a bad way to go. You will most likely alienate readers.

Also, everything I mentioned happened outside of the League/Game... most fanfictions happen outside of the League as well...

It is kinda one of those things were if you don't like the lore and don't like the characters, and don't like the setting they are in... why are you writing about them in the first place...

I feel like you are the kinda person that would have written hobbits out of the LoTR because people couldn't possible relate to them. >_>...

Dregen

02-07-2013

I actually had an idea in mind to write a story based on LoL but changing it's entire backstory, setting it in modern day New York. It would be in a hospital, with a Doctor named Shen, an intern named Kennen, and a nurse named Akali, who are kidnapped by a mysterious group and forced to fight in an underground arena as a twisted game of survival, in the vein of Battle Royale/Hunger games or a modern day "league".

In one of the battle scenes I have Akali donning a medical mask, ripping open a pipe, which fills the room with steam, and she starts picking off her enemies one by one under the steam's cover with her medical tools, one of which is shaped almost resembling a kama, basically recreating what's it like to play her under Crimson Shroud .

Shen manages to kill a ninja, his first adversary, and takes his dual ninja swords for his own, and eventually discovers his inner savage, and finds out he's more comfortable killing than saving lives.

I killed off Kennen early or something in a fight where he tried to throw medical knives at his enemies, and it struck an electrical box, causing an electric surge frying everyone in the entire room, lol.

Sadly the story kinda died after the first couple chapters...but it was really interesting to write out, and I would never have written it without the inspiration of LoL lore, even though it's only *very* loosely based off it. .

Maybe ill finish it and release it one day, it's good for a read on a slow day...or someone else with a twisted mind can finish it for me ....>.>.....

Tytrus

02-08-2013

Quote:
It is kinda one of those things were if you don't like the lore and don't like the characters, and don't like the setting they are in... why are you writing about them in the first place...
Again Ark, you are quite conservative and linear in your views, which is alright because it's your opinion and style. Keep in mind, however, that it is your opinion, not fact and not my opinion or direction. I have told you nothing of the plot or setting, just that it'll be different from the feel of the game's lore and direction. On that note, this isn't an argument, and you've stated your opinion on the matter, so I would appreciate it if you leave it be now and leave this to those who want to be involved and want to help develop this story. Thank you for your time.