Encompassed Story

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tytrus

02-06-2013

Looking to either start, or help start, or even help complete a novel of sorts involving League of Legends champions and lore. Not just writing lore for champions that exist and new champion concepts, but more of a storyline with champions and events and such. Think of it like you would a movie, or even a tv series. If anyone is interested in contributing or has something pretty sturdy already going, I'd love to hear about it. Reply here in this thread and let me know if you want to help or would like my help. Thank you!

Tytrus

02-07-2013

bump

Tytrus

02-07-2013

bump

iam PYR0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Not so sure about any of that but i got champion concepts that need lore if your interested full credit would go to you of course =) http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3040991

Tytrus

02-07-2013

For a little bit of a preview if anyone needs an idea of the direction; the story will be a little more gritty and realistic than the game would be. Think along the lines of the newest Batman movies or Mortal Kombat Legacy on youtube. Many elements will be more realistic and explained out; such as champion abilities and champion origins, as opposed to being just a land of magic with mystical creatures that talk and fight.

For example, Teemo wouldn't be a yordle, but rather a young boy who meddled around a witch doctor's camp at the wrong place and time, and was cursed to wander the lands in a human-like animal form.

Anyone interested? I'm looking for several people to help with concept ideas and narration and direction. This isn't a couple pages of lore kind of story, but rather a story novel of sorts that will span tens of thousands of words, so if that sounds compelling to you, I urge you to step up and become part of the crew.

Frost Archer

02-07-2013

Thought you were one of those annoying kids at first who have no idea what a fanfic was. Sorry. XD. I REALLY like you're description about teemo. But it's not a boy. It's diablo. XD Jks.

Here's the thing. It's not a good idea to ask for idea's then start. I don't care I'mVersatility, it's not smart. You may want to do some research first, lores and read some other FFs. Then practice writing yourself. EDIT EDIT EDIT! Then post it up here. We give you feed back and you learn from your mistakes. This way, you're getting practice, ideas, and experience instead of just ideas.

So start now! Then we'll help you out!

Though if you want a suggestion: You said it yourself. Don't make it a game. No sensless killing. Imagine the League doesn't exist. That's how I look at it.
It can ruin a good story. As the stupendously wise, awesome, and good-looking fellow named IMTOOJUICY once noted: "I try not to mention the summoner aspect of the League too much, if at all. I know Riot was just trying to make us, the players/summoners, feel more involved with the lore aspect of the game, but our "involvement" always struck me as a little forced. It just didn't feel right to have champions who are princes, kings, queens, generals, etc., yet they become subservient to the summoners' whims during a match."

^yea he forced me to say that.... The stupendous part......

Frost Archer

02-07-2013

A lot of people do the planning part. Seems really fun right? They write the story. But then they find out it's kinda hard at times. They run out of ideas. Their story ends out really bad and every one gunning for them become disappointed.

By practicing first, you get to ease in and feel comfortable writing. It trains you to think on your feet and makes it hard to run out of ideas. Then, once you're on a roll, you can ask for suggestions and help. I really suggest you read MiaoLong's http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2979640

Also, I'm doing a Garen centric version of what you're saying. You really need to focus on a few champions. There are over 110. So not a novel of valoran. Just a story of a few. I feel kinda threatened....... Since I'm afraid that we might get similar ideas....... But it's ok. We're all friends here (mostly) so go ahead and start

Tytrus

02-07-2013

Don't assume that I just decided today to write a story and tomorrow I'm not writing anymore. I don't want to be the only person getting credit for such a creative idea. Not to mention the fact that I might have a pretty deep imagination, but it's hard for me to focus at times. Having multiple people who want the same goal and strive for it, helps me stay on track. So I don't want to be the big guy who writes the story and takes good ideas from others, I want others to have a piece of it, and help write parts of it or make large contributions to characters (not all will be champions, some will just be made up characters that are human or what-not). In essence, it's a team thing, not a one man thing. I want to see how these ideas in my head flow and how this kind of story can pan out, but I know that I can't do that alone, so I'm asking for some help. I'm not saying that anyone HAS to help me, so those of you who have commented, I appreciate your advice, but you don't have to do anything. I'm only asking for those who WANT to help and WANT to be a part of it. So anyone who really wants to help out, is welcome to chime in and we can roll on some stronger patterns and direction and really bring this thing to life.

Tytrus

02-07-2013

And the story won't focus on all of the characters. Many might be mentioned, but few will be central to the pacing and movement of the piece. Also, be prepared, many, and I mean MANY, will die. That's right, even some of your favorite champions will be crushed and thrown into the wind.

Frost Archer

02-07-2013

But my main point was that you should get started. Not wait around for people to give you ideas.