Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why I will never make it to Gold or better...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verliswolf

02-06-2013

I duo bot with my friend in ranked, we play exceptionally usually with 10 kills to 4 deaths between their jungle, support and carry. the rest of the team does the opposite. Leaving lanes with a 10-x carry and seeing mid and top 0-5 each or so every game makes it tough. We are skilled enough to carry some games and win.

The other reason is that 50% of my games have a DC for my team, half the time it is a 4v5 and it is fairly impossible to win every 4v5 game by itself but them having 2 of the 4 contruibute to most of the kills makes it certain defeat. once Riot finds a way to judge individual skill I will be interested

Irish Red Cap

02-06-2013

If your going to duo, try to pick up a solo lane like top or mid and have your duo take the jungle. I used to duo with my friend all the time and it really helps because if you can secure your lane the jungle only has to babysit 2 lanes. When you need help it's not hard to coordinate a gank without pings and so forth. If you restrict you and your partner to 1 lane with a duo bot the odds of you winning are still the same as if you were solo queue because you have no control over the other 2 lanes or jungle.

Rule of the game I follow, lose 1 lane w/e. Lose 2 lanes it's gg.

Verliswolf

02-06-2013

Quote:
WhiteHatCracker:
If your going to duo, try to pick up a solo lane like top or mid and have your duo take the jungle. I used to duo with my friend all the time and it really helps because if you can secure your lane the jungle only has to babysit 2 lanes. When you need help it's not hard to coordinate a gank without pings and so forth. If you restrict you and your partner to 1 lane with a duo bot the odds of you winning are still the same as if you were solo queue because you have no control over the other 2 lanes or jungle.

then bot feeds and its the snowballiest lane, been there. also doesnt solve the outragously high D/C's

Irish Red Cap

02-06-2013

Meh the dc's are what have me staying out of ranked for now. Started silver div 1 at new implementation, 4 ranked games later i'm silver division 2. All 4 games had at least 2 afks on my team either in champ select or in game.

sk8yard

02-06-2013

Opposite team has same chance of trolls/feeders/dc.

Irish Red Cap

02-06-2013

Aka all my games, All the games i've won there were dc's on the other side. All the games i've lost dc's on my team. That's why my win/loss ratio is barely above 50% atm.

Nanolight

02-07-2013

Solo que is a joke, period. I used to have a close to 50/50 ratio, but now in the new season with LP it's just gone to ****. I think I lose 8 in a row over the last two days...

Not playing ranked any more until they fix this clearly broken system.

vonBose

02-07-2013

Games should end and not count against ELO if someone leaves or crashes for longer than 5 mins. I would say a good 25% of my games are won or lost this way and it is never fun.