Wukong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xFidox

02-06-2013

Hi, I've been wondering on how to build Wukong to carry and do good. I LOVE Wukong, I have since I started playing and I'm just not entirely sure how to build him. What would be great to build on him and do good? And I'm talking about a full build.

alukardian

02-06-2013

I usually start cloth armor, 4 health pots and ime mana pot. Rush a wriggles lantern, get tier one boots, get brutilizer, sheen, finish tier 2 boots, finish icy gauntlet, finish either ghostblade or cleaver then keep getting wards for your sixth slot and cover the map.

iDpark

02-06-2013

Wukong scales off of Attack damage and Cooldown.
the more CDR and AD , the better.
He is melee, and needs to be in the front to deal damage and initiate with his ult. Therefore, being bulky or a bit tanky is quite useful.
He dosen't need crit, as he dosen't auto attack in teamfights much.

Therefore, you need items that give you what you need. Simple, right?

Is the other team:

dealing more Attack damage or magic damage? (Armor, Magic resist, Health)
hard to catch? (Icebourne Gauntlet, Mallet)
stacking tons of armor? (Last whisper/ Black cleaver)
locking you down with tons of crowd control effects, such as stuns, slows, etc? (Mercury treads, Mercurial scimitar)
bursting you down really quickly? (Guardian's angel, resists and Health)

You said you wanted an easy cookie cutter build?
There is none.

some items may synergize more than others, but that's the general gist.

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

Stop asking for cookie cutter builds please.

xFidox

02-06-2013

I didn't ask for a cookie cutter build...? I asked for help on a build...

iDpark

02-06-2013

I didn't see a build, so I gave you some tips to come up with one.

All the items listed are viable.
there's more, but I don't feel like listing all of them.

solomid.net is a great for a starting point on how to play/ build a champion.

Tim Allen Talon

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFidox View Post
I didn't ask for a cookie cutter build...? I asked for help on a build...
most common and effective wu builds I see goes

merc treads/ ninja tabi
black cleaver
frozen mallet/ or warmogs
maw of malmortius
randuin's omen
GA

SupremeCK

02-07-2013

armor 5 pots
Boots of speed
Phage
Brutalizer <--- build first if top laner start building armor early
Ninja
Black Cleaver
Frozen Mallet
Last Whisper
Spirit Vasage
Maw if you need Resist, Atma if you need Armor, Or moggs if you just want crazy health

I dont GA because in team fights no one is going to want to focus you so you'll be left alive while dashing and overheading the squishies

Thats how I build him at least

iDpark

02-07-2013

What if you're the only threat on your team?

GA basically acts as a "don't focus me" item
If you have underfed carries, but a strong bruiser type jungler/top, GA works great.

Rawrr

02-08-2013

Look if you want to carry heavily as a bruiser this is your build, I can guarantee unless you can't spam button:

Berserker Boots (Homeguard)
Ravenous hydra
Blood Thirster
Infinity Edge
Frozen Mallet
Black Cleaver

Oh yeah make sure you use hydra's active whenever you can. Trust me this is your build. With this build you will have about 30-40% life steal so if you hit 1000 (VERY LIKELY WITH THIS BUILD), you will heal 300-400 and you won't be just hitting 1000's you will be spamming it. Also, with the frozen mallet it gives your opponent a less chance to escape. I use this build 90% of the time I play a bruiser like xin zhao, wukong, jax and darius and I usually carry the team with a 3 to 1 kill death ratio. The only way someone could possibly counter this combo is if they had thornmail and like 5 warmogs or something crazy like that.

HeWhoSpectates

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrr View Post
Look if you want to carry heavily as a bruiser this is your build, I can guarantee unless you can't spam button:

Berserker Boots (Homeguard)
Ravenous hydra
Blood Thirster
Infinity Edge
Frozen Mallet
Black Cleaver

Oh yeah make sure you use hydra's active whenever you can. Trust me this is your build. With this build you will have about 30-40% life steal so if you hit 1000 (VERY LIKELY WITH THIS BUILD), you will heal 300-400 and you won't be just hitting 1000's you will be spamming it. Also, with the frozen mallet it gives your opponent a less chance to escape. I use this build 90% of the time I play a bruiser like xin zhao, wukong, jax and darius and I usually carry the team with a 3 to 1 kill death ratio. The only way someone could possibly counter this combo is if they had thornmail and like 5 warmogs or something crazy like that.
No, just no. Melee carries are not viable.

Wukong's main job in a team fight is to ult into their team as an initiation and not die, because his damage is so good. Infinity Edge is pretty useless, if you don't auto attack regularly and Wukong can't auto attack during ult.

His passive gives him bonus resists, which means, that you should stack health for defense. Also he has a godlike ad ratio on his ult, so you should concentrate on ad or arp items if you want more damage.

Good items for defense:
Randuins - great to further complement his initiation power.
Banshee's Veil - great if they are magic heavy
Warmogs - if your team is bursty, you want this, because Randuins will be enough
Sunfire Cape - great if they are extremely heavy on physical damage
Frozen Mallet - if your team is dps oriented, you want this to peel for your carry

Good items for offense:
Black Cleaver - great synergy with his ult
Bloodthirster - tons of ad for a very powerful ult

Boots:
Tabi - take these if enemy team has ad top + ad jungle
Mercs - take these if enemy team has lots of hard cc
Swiftness - take these if you won your lane and the enemy team relies more on slows rather than stuns