Promotion games,

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeremyls

02-06-2013

I think i saw something on this before.

Why not have promotion games only between those up for promotion. I know for a fact you do not only play people in your bracket, or your own league, so why not just have promotion ques.....

ya sure game times will probably be considerably longer but saying i wast 90- 180 minutes with numbnuts, dip****s, and over all idiots that really could give 2 ****s whether they win or not, i would rather waste that time in que, with over players that want to win, have shown an ability to play well, and will probably not troll.

Amatzikahni

02-06-2013

Because then about 50% of those players would automatically be promoted instead of having to fight for the promotion. There shouldn't be a ratio like that.

Jeremyls

02-07-2013

They each fought for that chance so why not give it to them? if they did get carried through qualifiers they would soon be demoted anyways. Your reasoning is without logic Amatzikahni.

Amatzikahni

02-07-2013

Your reasoning states that people of a certain rating are auto-promoted regardless of the competition around them. My reasoning includes the other competition. If your logic goes through, there should also be a bracket for people with 0 LP and those who lose 2/3 of their games in the Demotion Series, where they only fight other 0 LP people, are auto-demoted. Everything needs balance, so it's only fair.

Back on logical subjects, Promotion Series is only obtained after reaching 100 LP, so technically speaking, it's not win 2 out of 3 games but rather 3 out of 4 games (the first game you had to win to get the 100 LP). That's the reason I dislike the current Promotion Series. With regard to the 3/5, I don't have much more to say; the same reasoning applies. I may have my terminology wrong, but I haven't played much during S3 anyway so I'm still learning the items.

vonBose

02-07-2013

I have always felt like after a good win streak, that sooner or later I will be matched up with the most horrible, jerks to cap off my streak. Happens every time: win 5 games, then get matched with hitler youth gangsta feeders. So far in S3, it's the same thing except now I win streak to championship games where I am then matched with the worst people again.