This ranking System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoobSity

02-06-2013

Ok so i advance a division after playing 5 straight games as wins + the 2 series games so i was pretty happy. Then i lose my next game and get demoted back. Now i have to win 5 more games + series games to get back to the next division. Thats retarded and needs to be fixed please.

So this is a little summary of how i believe the ranking system works

If you lose a game at 0 LP you go down a division if you are at division 5 then you don't go down, but if you continue to lose at 0 LP in V division then you will end up stacking negative points. When going down a division you start at 50 LP in your demoted division. When you go up a division you start at 0 LP. If you lose that first game after you get promoted you get demoted back down to the lower Division and start at 50LP again. That being said getting demoted is way to easy and getting promoted is just to hard of a task to be worthwhile.

RIOT PLEASE!

Creme Frìache

02-06-2013

Before the new changes I was 1150, and then I was placed halfway in bronze division 1, and now after winning 5 games... which of course would have made me silver, I'm now halfway through bronze division 1 because I lost 1 game. This is the first thread I have ever comment on, I literally just go on to this website for the first time since making my account to say how bad this new system is.

Sephrinx

02-07-2013

They are making it take 5-10 times longer to actually gain elo. They ruined an already broken system, gave it a pretty paint job and called it 'new'...

KaRaTeNiPPLeS

02-07-2013

so real quick.. just how do you manage a division up? do i need to get 100 points first and than win 2/3 games?? because i just won my first 2 and lost the 3rd and im still ranked as 4th in division 2.

sSuzuka

02-07-2013

I thought you couldn't go down in divisions. Only tiers or something.

Anyway people complained about the old system, so riot implemented a new one. I was thinking the main reason might be because they are trying to stop the crazy amount of dumb elo jobs hovering around lately, making ranked really stupid anyway.

raulazo

02-07-2013

We're at War! Your country needs you.
Help your country to invade his enemy and wipe it off the map!
Is an invitation to a free online game in which you have a citizen and must fight for their country, there are currently hundreds of thousands of players around the world to defend their country in the ongoing war there. The good thing about this game is that any player, with time and experience can join the conference, have a newspaper, a business and to be president of the nation (obviously if they get the votes of the people).
I hope to see at least play is simple and fun, here is a link http://www.erepublik.com/es/referrer/raulazo324

chris2423

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

ignore the LP and leagues. win games = mmr goes up = eventual promootions. mmr is all that matters, and is completely unaffected by LP and all its stupidity.

NoobSity

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2423 View Post
ignore the LP and leagues. win games = mmr goes up = eventual promootions. mmr is all that matters, and is completely unaffected by LP and all its stupidity.
I understand this concept too. You will not get promoted though without getting LP. The system is designed around LP so you really can't ignore it. Getting a higher mmr will just pair you with better players and play you against better players not actually advance you in your league. The LPs will be the only thing that advances in your divisions you all i am trying to say is it way to had to be promoted and way to easy to be demoted. I think once you get promoted you should start at 50 LP like how when you get demoted you go down to 50 LP. So if you lose you first game in the new league you don't get demoted right back down.

RIOT PLEASE!

DeadFish87

02-07-2013

i was 1050 and placed at bronze VI and now Im III have 37 wins and 32 lose some ppls have even wins/lose and they are at silver

Dunkydoodle

02-07-2013

Just had my first experience with this... Was working my way through silver 3 and silver 2, Finally achieved silver 1 And then lost my next game. That week and a half I spent getting there was completely worthless. You should have to lose 3-5 games straight to be demoted out of a new division. This is completely flawed and makes me want to blow this game off completely.