Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: make loading screen border reflect current tier

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLo

02-06-2013

This personally causes me problems. I played a lot of games during Season 2 but around the time when Season 2 was ending I took a hiatus due to life, summer, etc and my elo decayed. For the current season I am a Gold Division 2 player and often times I am queued with Platinum bordered players and after the load screen they start LOL-ing or complaining that I don't have a border. This is stupid because I have proven that I belong in the tier/division and I can perform well in the role I chose. I am sure many Silver tiered players can relate as players with Gold borders could be complaining about them as well.

Please change it to your highest tier standing in 3v3, 5v5, or solo queue for the CURRENT season. I find this idea to be more informative as it will give you a better idea of what your hidden MMR is as you can tell what overall skilled players you are playing with. Say I am about to go from Gold I to Platinum V, I want to be able to see that I am actually being matched up with some Platinum players as opposed to always being against Gold. You can feel that your opposition is getting stronger because you know the current skill of the players on your team not based on their past achievements.

I know it's cool and awesome to show your past credentials in the game which in one way or another makes you more unique but I find it counter-intuitive. We already have forum icons, summoner icons, and summoner profile border. If you want to show your season 1 or 2 flair there are plenty of ways to go about doing this. I find that the loading screen borders cause more harm than good. This type of interaction is pointless because it hardly matters how well you did last year. You were placed with these players because you haven't yet proven that you shouldn't be playing with "lower skilled" players.

cLo

02-06-2013

bump

Adori Vita Vis

02-06-2013

I think it should display your highest tier achieved regardless of the season.

cLo

02-06-2013

Quote:
Dragonwake:
I think it should display your highest tier achieved regardless of the season.

This would be acceptable as well as long as players can get border upgrades when the progress. This works for honor so I don't see why this wouldn't work as well.

Everborn

02-06-2013

If you want to add your current tiered border riot could always let you upgrade it with a small amount of RP? Not that I would like that but I would like it better then not being able to change my border for a year.. at least if I unlock gold tier I can pay for my border.

cLo

02-06-2013

Quote:
Everborn:
If you want to add your current tiered border riot could always let you upgrade it with a small amount of RP? Not that I would like that but I would like it better then not being able to change my border for a year.. at least if I unlock gold tier I can pay for my border.

Yea don't give them any ideas :P.

Pleasurewizard

02-06-2013

This makes sense. God forbid I make it to gold. I hope to be not discriminated against.

Everborn

02-06-2013

Quote:
cLo:
Yea don't give them any ideas :P.
well some complained about not wanting it Lol. This way we can sport our latest tier and whoever doesn't want to doesn't have to.

RagnellRising

02-10-2013

bump