Digi-Art Entry (Rengar) Needs critique!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tigersaurus

02-06-2013

Heya, League. I need some feedback on my Digi Art entry before I finalize the piece and submit it! :O

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Let me have it. Don't hold back. Okay. maybe a little.

Full description and such is through the link! Feel free to comment here, or on dA itself, if you'd like.

http://fav.me/d5u3i6x

Thanks for stopping by!

EDIT 1: Piece has been updated with changes suggested by resident awesome'r Goaticide.

Wretched Spleen

02-06-2013

:O I really like your style! I also like the colors and content of your entry. As far as my opinion goes, it looks finished to me! Good luck in the contest. c:

Tigersaurus

02-06-2013

Thanks! I've been working on it for such a long time, it's hard to see the "big picture". All I see anymore are the tiny details I've put into it. xD lol

Sabstar

02-07-2013

Oooohh I love your style! Very editorial looking

AgentKain

02-07-2013

I like your style , good luck !

Wolfev

02-07-2013

What item are you doing?

Scapegoaty

02-07-2013

Very cute, the biggest thing I see might be a lack of consistency. Most things are a solid flat color, with the exception of 5 (not 50) shades a of grey for Rengar's fur (which is probably intentional and fine anyway) and then some gradients, most the moon and water. Awesome details, smexy foreshortening, actually an insane amount of detail - there's more to see the more you look. I guess what I'd say most is the moon and the right part of the water, you can do flat waves in a few shades treated similarly like the trees... I think the moon like this would fit in more http://screencast.com/t/juOj5xfMEB

Just what I think, totally great otherwise. >.<

Tigersaurus

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfev View Post
What item are you doing?
The items I've included are Hunter's Machetes on the makeshift Kha'Zix dummy, and Rengar has the Spirit of the Elder Lizard on his belt. Hence the aura around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaticide View Post
Very cute, the biggest thing I see might be a lack of consistency. Most things are a solid flat color, with the exception of 5 (not 50) shades a of grey for Rengar's fur (which is probably intentional and fine anyway) and then some gradients, most the moon and water. Awesome details, smexy foreshortening, actually an insane amount of detail - there's more to see the more you look. I guess what I'd say most is the moon and the right part of the water, you can do flat waves in a few shades treated similarly like the trees... I think the moon like this would fit in more http://screencast.com/t/juOj5xfMEB

Just what I think, totally great otherwise. >.<
You just made my day! xD I had a feeling the gradients might conflict with some things, and I'm certainly going to make some changes with your design in mind. Oh, and thank you for noticing my foreshortening! :D It took a while for everything to look "right" in terms of the style I wanted to use. Also the inconsistency in detail was the best way I could figure to make Rengar, as the main subject, REALLY stand out. Anyways, thanks for the feedback! It means the world to me. :D

Scapegoaty

02-07-2013

The more fur detail on Rengar works and does what you want it to, I know foreshortening like that can be tricky. Best of you to you! ^.~

iam Versatility

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

very cool =) gl and do you ever draw for free I could use some of my champion concepts sketched if your free to do so and willing thanks get back to me =) http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3040991 is my index