Champion Confusion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnderESnare

02-06-2013

Hello (I hope I'm not in the wrong section, but..) I'm kind of new-ish. I have been playing Fiddlesticks and I got used to him but one day I'm like, "To Hell with it. I'm going to try out Vladimir". Now, was it an unwise choice to pick Vladamir? I have looked up builds and stuff like that. So, if I use the right builds, will it make Vladimir a good character to hold on to?
Thank you in advanced,
-UnderESnare

Andarel

02-06-2013

Vladimir is a strong champion whose main skill requirement is knowing how to play against a variety of champions because his first few levels are very weak. There's absolutely nothing wrong with picking up and playing Vladimir, though the old adage "Try it before you buy it" holds true no matter who you decide to buy.

Max Q, take W at level 2, and pick him primarily with AoE comps. Play passive until you get a few ranks in Q (level 5 or 7) and slowly force the enemy out of lain with your massive sustain/harass.

UnderESnare

02-06-2013

Thank you so much!

UndeadKaiser

02-06-2013

I agree with "trying before you buy", I always, alllwwaaayyys, try a champion when they are in the free rotation before soaking my IP into them.

Niek

02-06-2013

If you enjoy Vlad's playstyle, then that's great. If you find that you're not as successful with him as you are with Fiddle, that's okay. Just keep playing and if you stick with him, you'll master him.