BFT and Void Staff

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volandum

Senior Member

02-07-2013

a) MP5 isn't useless any more
b) It doesn't give MP5 any more
c) It was better when it gave MP5
d) Kog R's strength is in its base damage, not in triggering BFT


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K rent

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Clearly the solution is to give BFT and Void staff defensive stats, hurr hurr hurr
icwhatyoudidthere


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K rent

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Or, you could build more than one MR item. Heaven forbid you need more than a Negatron cloak worth of MR to survive 6k worth of gold in offensive items.
You say this like no one has tried to build tanky against this...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

Senior Member

02-07-2013

If you seriously believe BFT/Void make defenses "useless," yeah, I can safely say you didn't build enough of them, or you have absolutely ridiculous expectations about how little damage your enemies should be doing.

The difference can literally be whenever they can kill you in 1 combo or need 3+ when you stack health/MR. That's huge. When you are building defenses on damage oriented characters, you shouldn't be thinking "alright time to turn into a tank and roll AP 1 vs 3 because I am smart enough to buy a Hexdrinker/Merctreads," you should be thinking "I just bought myself enough extra seconds to kill the enemy glass cannon and prevent the base-damage only tank/support from being a damage threat to me."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperQuackDuck

Senior Member

02-07-2013

The only issue i have with bft now is what procs it. I am of the opinion that it should only proc on skillshots, targetted spells, and first tick of any dot, and/or have an internal cd of 1 second where it cannot be reapplied to someone who already has it. If the above were put in, im amenable to reducing its cost.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerkyHunter View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing option #1.
If that were the case, I would just port over Liandry's and be done with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamKim

Senior Member

02-07-2013

The main reason why I didn't like BFT passive was how powerful it was when combined with a Teemo shroom. Now that there is a strong counter to Teemo's shrooms, I don't mind it as much.

At some point, I started associating BFT with the massive damage output and slow from Teemo's Shroom. Classical Conditioning, also works on League of Legends


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nukular power

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Theyve already nerfed the **** out of BFT. It costs almost 4k now!

All they had to do is the simplest fix ever: A spell or effect can only trigger BFT ONCE, whether its a Dot a trap, or whatever. One cast, one triggering. Problem solved. No more Teemo traps doing 20% dmg from a fking passive.
On the other hand, one of the components is a gp/5 item, so...

Personally, I'm still extemely confused why the item hasn't been fixed like you said there, though. It's always seemed very strange that every tick of a DoT refreshes it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K rent

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
If you seriously believe BFT/Void make defenses "useless," yeah, I can safely say you didn't build enough of them, or you have absolutely ridiculous expectations about how little damage your enemies should be doing.

The difference can literally be whenever they can kill you in 1 combo or need 3+ when you stack health/MR. That's huge. When you are building defenses on damage oriented characters, you shouldn't be thinking "alright time to turn into a tank and roll AP 1 vs 3 because I am smart enough to buy a Hexdrinker/Merctreads," you should be thinking "I just bought myself enough extra seconds to kill the enemy glass cannon and prevent the base-damage only tank/support from being a damage threat to me."
Why is it that people always assume the person in question isn't doing the standard... I built lots of mr....I built over 140 mr and over 1200 health (not including runes and masteries) while still being able to deal decent damage against a fairly tanky ap caster. I was bot by the way taking over because no one else could hold it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyDeadGrandma

Senior Member

02-07-2013

Due to the gold advantage of botlane and depending on what stage you tag in, swapping out usually doesn't end well unless you

A. hard counter them
B. Are the opposite damage type of the guy you tagged and the enemy only built to defend against him i.e. a 180 MR maokai finding himself staring at Jayce with Sanguine, IE and Triforce.

If I'm forcing someone to swap more than 5 minutes in, at best their replacement can only hold unless it's an extremely lopsided match-up and they were destroying my top team.


123