Corki - Lackluster?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eVoqt

02-06-2013

Hello,

Recently I have been climbing the divisions of gold tier mainly playing as an ADC. I have found success mainly with MF, Ezreal, and surprisingly, Ashe. I have enjoyed playing this champions as well as have had numerous very high scoring games with them. Recently I obliged to pick Corki into a team comp consisting of Shaco, Eve, and Twitch. Now given the amount of stealth on their team I figured Corki to be a viable pick. Oh and that was my first mistake. Now I know how to play Corki fairly decently from Season 2 and a little into Season 3 and was comfortable picking him into their composition. Everything just didn't work out as planned. His damage is now mediocre with providing yes, the vision as a utility in this case, but the range is so short in order for me to reveal their stealths I was forced to become incredibly vulnerable to all three as his escape is decent but long cooldown, he is slow, does not have very high damage output, relies on a skill that scales off AP and does magic damage to do his primary source of burst, and just simply doesn't seem to be a good pick at all anymore.

Tl:dr - Corki is weak and needs a buff.

Thoughts / suggestions from other community members appreciated

GL in season 3 and in the rift!

Alvan Yakatori

02-06-2013

I think if his q scaled of ad he would be stronger.

Also i agree with you because i also played a lot of Corki back in the day, but he just doesnt fit into the meta anymore because 2 of his 3 pre lvl 6 abilities deal magic damage.

ReasonablyInsec

02-06-2013

He's a plane that needs boots.
I mean. What. Does his walrus need em?

TealNinje

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renegadem View Post
He's a plane that needs boots.
I mean. What. Does his walrus need em?
Manatee?

Yhufir

02-06-2013

No.

edit: Are you high?

Technician Tim

02-06-2013

yeah corki is no where near what he used to be, MF and draven came out of nowhere as the best ad this season

ReasonablyInsec

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharles07 View Post
yeah corki is no where near what he used to be, MF and draaaaaaaaaaaven came out of nowhere as the best ad this season
When was it not obvious that Draaaaaven was the best ADC?
Get real.

JuiceyJay

02-12-2013

I started maining corki at the end of season two and he was so much fun, ever since he got a Nerf to the CD on his w he seemed to fall off a little. It is to the point to where I almost never even use Q, too much mana early game And not enough dmage late because of not scaling with ad like an adc should.
Buff plz

Snuffkin

02-12-2013

I've been playing Corki a lot lately and I have mostly been winning my games. I usually pick up all the mana I can get from Utility and make a standard ADC Offensive. Just get a Sheen in there early on and try to preserve as much mana as you can, only use Q when you know you will win the trade.

Typical build
Long Sword&2 health potions>Bloodthirster(without sustain support) or Phage(with sustain support)>Sheen>Trinity Force(3 gold recipe=yesplx)>Cleaver&orLast Whisper>Any Defensive/Offensive item that hasn't been bought yet!

Corki has true damage scaling as-well as physical and magic AD scaling, Very strong.
Tip is to get Black Cleaver if your team has a lot of physical damage, your Gatling Gun will shred like crazy during team fights. Corki is pretty balanced. If they were to change anything with Corki it would be a slight cooldowns, mana costs and range changes, damage is good as it is.

LastLaughLol

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Corki is an amazing ADC, he's always been and always will be. He has the highest burst/sustained damage out put, decent mobility, utility in form of armor shred-de stealthing, and great poke.

Only reason he's not popular is because of his mana costs. Much like Ez before he got buffed mana costs. After they buffed Ez's mana costs, EVERYONE started playing him.

Corki and MF have the most mana issues. But the thing that makes MF more viable in competitive play is that her ult is much, much better than Corkis.