Some Honest Concerns With the New Ranked System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swindles

02-06-2013

Am I gaining two points per win because my hidden elo is tremendously below where I am at in my division or is it your attempt to make it gruelingly difficult to go from silver/gold gold/plat etc...

My first two games I won a lot of points. Then I gained only 10 points
Then 6 points.
Then 2 points.

I'm at 96 points. I'm pretty sure if I lose this game i'm qued in I will lose 20 points.

Someone I'm in que with just said this has happened to to them before and I just need to lose and then my next win will get me 20 points. This is fine but if I lose then lose again and then win this has probably cost me my promotion series chance. You see the problem here?

Am i being punished for being on a hot streak and you are trying to to not let people fluctuate so easily.

LOL OK I JUST GOT OUTTA GAME! I GOT 1 POINT RIOT! 3 wins for a net 9 RIOT POINTS! TROLOLOLOLO. What is the point of even playing right now?

2. Other Concerns

You guys did this so divisions would be more based the total population instead of a set elo, and to relieve ranking anxiety and make everything more transparent? I'm guessing this is why I could be totally wrong.

My friend had three leavers in a row and he fell down a division and he said it was the worst feeling he has ever had playing this game. Knowing he would have to not only gain a ton of points but win a promotional series to get back to his previous division. Before divisions and elo numbers felt pretty arbitrary. 30-40 elo differences were not that big a deal but now the difference between gold 1 and gold 2 feels like a very big deal.

I could probably rant on for awhile but I've said enough. Does anyone have any theories why I am only getting one point a win?

MinecraftNinja

02-06-2013

League point.

Swindles

02-06-2013

Got to 99 points. gaining one league point for each for my last 3 wins. Then I lost and fell to 82 points.

WakeskaterX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Ya im in silver 1, get 1 troll team and you are screwed so hard, honestly by the time i hit gold my hidden MMR will probably be like Plat or some **** because of the stupid caps. This system is ridiculous. About 1 in 5 teams has 1 player that makes the team incredibly toxic or just trolls or you just get a bad team that you can't carry.

So it's basically luck if you want to go from Silver 1 to Gold V

Bees

02-07-2013

Looks like they Just tweaked this to make it easier. Hope it works http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/boar...d.php?t=534072

Swindles

02-07-2013

ok so the trick is if ur winning a bunch of games just lose one and your at like the 70-80 point range. And if you win, then your MMR is so good it will just immediately get put you into promotional series. So yea now im gold, yay.