Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Some Honest Concerns With the New Ranked System

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swindles

02-06-2013

Am I gaining two points per win because my hidden elo is tremendously below where I am at in my division or is it your attempt to make it gruelingly difficult to go from silver/gold gold/plat etc...

My first two games I won a lot of points. Then I gained only 10 points
Then 6 points.
Then 2 points.

I'm at 96 points. I'm pretty sure if I lose this game i'm qued in I will lose 20 points.

Someone I'm in que with just said this has happened to to them before and I just need to lose and then my next win will get me 20 points. This is fine but if I lose then lose again and then win this has probably cost me my promotion series chance. You see the problem here?

Am i being punished for being on a hot streak and you are trying to to not let people fluctuate so easily.

LOL OK I JUST GOT OUTTA GAME! I GOT 1 POINT RIOT! 3 wins for a net 9 RIOT POINTS! TROLOLOLOLO. What is the point of even playing right now?

2. Other Concerns

You guys did this so divisions would be more based the total population instead of a set elo, and to relieve ranking anxiety and make everything more transparent? I'm guessing this is why I could be totally wrong.

My friend had three leavers in a row and he fell down a division and he said it was the worst feeling he has ever had playing this game. Knowing he would have to not only gain a ton of points but win a promotional series to get back to his previous division. Before divisions and elo numbers felt pretty arbitrary. 30-40 elo differences were not that big a deal but now the difference between gold 1 and gold 2 feels like a very big deal.

I could probably rant on for awhile but I've said enough. Does anyone have any theories why I am only getting one point a win?

MinecraftNinja

02-06-2013

League point.

Swindles

02-06-2013

Got to 99 points. gaining one league point for each for my last 3 wins. Then I lost and fell to 82 points.

WakeskaterX

02-07-2013

Ya im in silver 1, get 1 troll team and you are screwed so hard, honestly by the time i hit gold my hidden MMR will probably be like Plat or some **** because of the stupid caps. This system is ridiculous. About 1 in 5 teams has 1 player that makes the team incredibly toxic or just trolls or you just get a bad team that you can't carry.

So it's basically luck if you want to go from Silver 1 to Gold V

Bees

02-07-2013

Looks like they Just tweaked this to make it easier. Hope it works http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=534072

Swindles

02-07-2013

ok so the trick is if ur winning a bunch of games just lose one and your at like the 70-80 point range. And if you win, then your MMR is so good it will just immediately get put you into promotional series. So yea now im gold, yay.