Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

To Riot ELO HELL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zanyr

Recruiter

02-06-2013

Riot plz do something about this, i know you cant make people play better but just increase the requirements on ranked. what i mean is make the players have to play a certain number of normal games before they are allowed the enter the FUN.... that is ranked. I wanna do ranked to challenge myself and the other player just bring that experience down. With exp buffs people really don't have to play many games before reaching lvl 30 and so the players are not sure of what to do or how the game is played. So this takes the game of skill i love and turn it into a game of luck. I'm not sure on your intentions but i know that was not it. just imagine if back in season 1 the people we consider pros got stuck with the bad teams we may had a totally different "pro" players. if there was another way to measure peoples skill like seeing kills and deaths maybe look at cs assists and other things because there are some really great player that are just waiting to shine but no one knows them because they are in elo hell. i know this is probably pointless and no one will read it but i just think this system is still flawed. if u read this thx. i know you cant do much about it so don't hate to much.

Thanks... Zanyr

Yhufir

02-06-2013

Quote:
Zanyr:
Riot plz do something about this, i know you cant make people play better but just increase the requirements on ranked.

Do this and the world will be a better place. Make it something insane (insane like a fox) like 300-500 unranked games. Anyone playing for fun will continue playing for fun. Anyone playing to get to ranked will have to play a metric S-ton of matches before being allowed to qualify for ranked play. And start new ranked players in Bronze 5. Dont drop them in the middle or higher of Bronze/Silver where people are are TRYING TO GET THE **** OUT OF HELL.

I get the law of averages BS people talk about and for a while I believed that Elo Hell was a complete construct of the frustrated (ghetto) mind. I'm now starting to firmly plant my feed on the side of Elo Hell being absolutely real. 100%, no-doubt-about-it, REAL as REAL sh!t gets.

I've stated this other places as my argument against Elo Hell; I was BAD when I started. I refused to play anything but 1 champion and IDGAF what anyone said I wanted to play that champ and believed I could make it work every time. That took me to the low 500s in about 2 months (including the time it took to get to lvl 30 - although at the time I was unemployed and out of school so pretty much all I did was eat-sleep-jerkoff-andplayLoL).
Anyways, after deciding I was wrong and you cant carry with any ONE champ all the time, I rounded out my game and started up the ranks very quickly. Got back to 1200 in about 3-5 weeks (time is a little fuzzy because I had been doing nothing but the above mentioned for a couple months now). Anyways, on my way up I recognized players like me on their way down. I often commented on what they were doing and what lie ahead of them if they continued. So I get to the 1200s and guess what. Every other game is someone similar - people or peoples that are simply too inexperienced to know how to work as a team, let alone carry a team when the need arises. Why? The new people are getting dropped in at the same level I just spent a month trying to work my way out of. Then on top of that you have the leavers. And then you have people like me, that have been ****ed over so many times by the matchmaking and various troll-like behavior, that sometimes get so frustrated with RIOT and parts of the LoL community's inability to acknowledge there REALLY IS A ****ING PROBLEM.
Leavers are like the outermost layer of the problem; sure it would be nice if that didnt happen. And I do believe in penalization for it. But MOST the leavers that I see are disconnects, not genuine trolling leaves. A layer inwards and you get to the trollers. People who do leave on purpose and purposefully feed or openly refuse to cooperate. Basically anyone being self-destructive during a game where YOU are being judged on the performance of THE WHOLE TEAM (80% OF WHICH IS NOT YOU). The real core is the new people being dumped in the same pool as people who actually know what they're doing.

The solution is starting new people off with 0 Elo/MMR If they're as good as an average player, getting to 1200 will only be a matter of time. I know this from experience - and anyone with half a brain can see the obvious truth in it.

Venginse

02-06-2013

i couldn't agree more, i was going to make a post about stricter ranked requirements and saw this. I'm stuck in Bronze and just going down more and more from fail teams. Every time i get a chance to move up i lose 4 in a row from people who have no concept of how to play the game. i play this game for the competition and losing to people who could care less about creep score, or think wards are a waste of gold makes me wish i never invested so much money onto this game. i can't get out no matter how hard i carry. it's not fair that i can jungle gank for early kills just to find out another lane fed 17 kills in 20 mins.

"all lanes fed, Blame the jungle"

EnoughAboutYou

02-06-2013

If you can't get out of "Elo Hell" then you are not IN elo hell, you ARE elo hell.

Irish Red Cap

02-06-2013

The ranked requirements should be stricter. As of now I believe the only requirements for ranked play are summoner level 30 and 16 champions owned (not including free week champions). While that might sound like a lot to some newer players who just worked their way up to 30 by playing 1 and only 1 champion it's abysmal to someone like myself.

I have all 110 champions, can I play them all effectively? Hell no, I bought most of them just for the courtesy of being able to trade with other players when the time arises that I must do so. I can probably play 30-35 champions at a proficient level. That leaves out 75-80 champions that I know I'll under-perform with but they are the ones I play in normal just to get at least a decent amount of skill with them if I get stuck with someone who refuses a trade after agreeing. As a result I have over 3.5k normal games played with a 79% win rate. However, in ranked I'm stuck more near a 50% win rate in less than 200 games.

I gave up playing ranked because I noticed a huge difference. If I play normals, blind or draft, I'm paired almost exclusively gold-diamond players. As a result my normal queue waits are nearly 6-7 minutes for blind alone. In ranked (as I'm silver division 2 in new system was gold in S2) I'm paired with silvers and bronze nearly every game the queue waits for ranked can finish within 30 seconds. I don't understand how their so called mmr/hidden elo can mix up ranked/normal differences so much.

TL;DR

Back on topic, make requires for ranked 500 minimum games played (losses + wins), summoner level 30, and at least 27 champions owned.

I want more champions owned more because for the champions like yi, nunu, and so forth they only cost 450 and it's not hard to buy them just to fill the requirement.

Pervy Sage

02-10-2013

Find a gold duo partner so you play with silvers and not bronzes if you are bad the gold will not continue to play with you if you are good they will continue to help u out of hell

theTURBOjew

02-10-2013

i got 2 games with two different disconnects during qualifier matches, and another 3 within 7 games after. what would have been fun well matched games turned to garbage, thanks to the disconnects in qualifier and during "regular" ranked play i am in negative points on silver V and the probability of being matched with any players on my team with the ability to compete against what often seems an unfair match-up based on skill levels. It now seems if its not DCs its teams matched up with one being obviously inferior. I feel cheated having games with blatantly disconnected players counting at all especially at a critical qualifying time. what is the harm in having the ability to quit without loss in the case of a disconnect? I waited this season to play the "new" system, perhaps i should not have done that.

I Am Affliction

02-11-2013

I may not be a terrific player, but I know how to do my role, and can play it consistently. In Bronze Div 4, I've gone back and fourth with wins and losses. I've lost games where I've done less than stellar, and also where I carry the team. Same going for when I win, but on average, my teamates are mostly incompetent and unwilling to work together. They don't know their champion, or their role, and don't play well. It can be quite frustrating.

Bobthecruel

02-11-2013

Make it something insane (insane like a fox) like 300-500 unranked games??????????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!!!!!!!

I'm lvl 25 on a smurf and I've already played 400 unranked games. Sounds like you don't need to be in ranked sir.

On this account alone, I have played 2600 games total and 1500 ranked at LEAST in all seasons.

L2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2P oh and learn to play.

Kinslayor

02-11-2013

Quote:
Bobthecruel:
Make it something insane (insane like a fox) like 300-500 unranked games??????????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!!!!!!!

I'm lvl 25 on a smurf and I've already played 400 unranked games. Sounds like you don't need to be in ranked sir.

On this account alone, I have played 2600 games total and 1500 ranked at LEAST in all seasons.

L2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2PL2P oh and learn to play.

and i thought i wasn't too good at this game! Thanks for making me feel better lol
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/25763292#history

If there's a good adc out there that wants to play I am a Decent support:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/22308613#history