Made of Paper Lunar Revel Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lizmar0223

02-09-2013

I want a origami

Lujei

02-09-2013

well submitted mine, then I looked up some papercrafts

I'm gonna get blown out of the water lol

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
[aws3]news/February_2013/02_08_2013_Papercraft_Contest/Lunar-Revel-Contest_Article-Banner.jpg[/aws3]

Paper lanterns and red envelopes, what does it make you think of? Other than “flammable,” it reminds us that it’s Lunar Revel, a time for celebrating the new year and sharing with others! In proper style, we want to share with summoners like yourself, so how about a new contest? Here’s what you do!

Make a League of Legends Lunar Revel papercraft!

We’ve seen a lot of amazing paper creations from our players, so now is the time to make your own! Here are some guidelines to abide by:

• Your submission must be primarily red and gold/yellow colored, get creative!
  • It should be papercraft, zhezhi, origami, or kirigami.
  • It must be entirely made of paper and adhesives! (Tape, glue, etc is permitted)
  • Your submission must be a champion, item, or creature from League of Legends.
  • You must include your summoner name written on a piece of paper within your entry photo!
  • Make sure your photo resolution is 1024x768.
  • You can submit multiple entries to the contest, but only one of your submissions can win.
  • Up to two people can work on a single entry, but the prizes will be split between you!

In exchange for this amazing work, we will award five grand prize and five community choice winners with an Origami/Papercraft kit, every Lunar Revel skin in League of Legends, and a red envelope full of Riot Points!

Ten second place winners will get this year’s Lunar Revel skins and 2000 Riot Points!

You can submit your entry through [URL2="http://woobox.com/ukyhpj"]Woobox.com[/URL2], but don’t delay! This contest is open through February 25th, so grab some scissors, chop up some paper, and show us what you can do!
Where's the Chinese lantern Thresh skin?!?

Miss Pigeon

02-09-2013

I'm going to guess that paper dioramas are not allowed? (despite being made of paper/adhesive and 3D). Riot please confirm this.
Also I have looked this up and to no avail of expanding my understanding; what is the difference between origami and zhezi? :S

Exelcior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Who can made me the boobs of Ahri in origami?

Jameszz23

02-09-2013

This is hard lol ._.

Arctic Bro

02-09-2013

I have printed 10 papers with 3 different colors,
GL HF

bollo221

02-09-2013

[QUOTE=Bushmaster;34439510]YEAHH origami! reminds me of childho

Guapo Pinguino

02-09-2013

please answer this someone <3

so.. there are soo many papercraft guides of champions from LoL out there on the internet that you can easily find and make.

example:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...on-d5bhxcg.jpg

also, there are soo many pictures that you can find of papercrafts, then edit them to have a slip of paper with your summoner name in it or whatever.. and change their colors and stoof :P for example, someone could take this picture:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ra-d3ijlzq.jpg

and edit it.

my question is, do you have to make your own original design? or can you print out a papercraft cutout thing and put it together (which still takes hours.) And if I did spend hours making a papercraft (that wasn't my original design), and i took a picture, someone might have easily taken the picture from the website I got the design from and done the editing stuff.

If i *did* make my own design, it would take more than a few hours.. and probably looks alot worse than singed or kogmaw. But I'd have tried harder than someone who used a papercraft guide-printout thing..

this is a ton of questions and probably hard to understand.. sorry :L prease help me though =^ ^=

khaoskyle

02-09-2013

Does it necessarily have to be 3D art? I don't see anything in your rules saying it can't be 2D work.