Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kog'Maw tips and build help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aleox

02-06-2013

Well yes I just bought Kog'maw because when I first played him, I was actually really good with him. But now that season 3 has come out, the damage he used to deal seems to have been decreased, so my first question is, Did he get nerfed?

Another problem I'm having with him is that I never really seem to kill someone until they make a stupid mood and I don't know what to buy. I go more for damage and everything but I'm not sure what builds will really suit him. I usually give him blood thirster, and infinity edge. The thing is I'm not sure if I need to buy this guy armor and things.

The third problem is that I can't seem to get away. Yes I use ghost, but I'm not level 12 yet to where I can achieve flash for him, so escape tips for him would be nice for a newbie like me. I'm used to playing Ashe so I like Kog'maws range just like Ashe's

Thanks to those who are trying to help me!

Aleox

02-06-2013

bump

Solareclipse460

02-06-2013

I play Kog'Maw with 28/0/2 for epic offense. For runes I go:
Attack Damage Marks
Armor Seals
Magic Resist Glyphs
Attack Damage Quints.
For the build I go:
Berserkers Greaves
Phantom Dancer- Get Zeal and upgrade when you get Infinity Edge
Infinity Edge
Runaan's Hurricane
Bloodthirster
Black Cleaver/Last Whisper, your choice.
As for thoughts on Kog'Maw, he is still viable and he does really well at carry if you know how to play him. Unfortunately I don't play Kog much and can't help you with those sorts of tips.

Aleox

02-06-2013

Alright I'll check out the runes

Never used Runaan's Hurricane before on him, but this seems this will help a lot due to that you say you are really great with him. Thanks for the advice! ^.^

Solareclipse460

02-06-2013

Quote:
Aleox:
Alright I'll check out the runes

Never used Runaan's Hurricane before on him, but this seems this will help a lot due to that you say you are really great with him. Thanks for the advice! ^.^

No worries, I am not actually a great Kog'Maw but I play adc a bit. Any other questions, I will answer

0ctogod

02-07-2013

Hey Aleox,

I don't think that Kog got nerfed necessarily, but the reason you don't see him succeeding nearly as frequently in games is because of the change in meta with Season 3. The new meta involves at least 3 warmogs per team, and with the huge nerf to Nunu, Kog's lategame hyper carry mode is not nearly as viable as it was last season.

If you are playing solely to improve with kog, I would highkly suggest running typical 21/0/9 masteries on him, but if you are against a highly aggressive lane opponent like draven/leona or taric/graves, it might be a better idea to invest in 21/9/0.

Also, the other issue you are encountering with Kog is getting caught. That is very typical of Kog'Maw, which is why you have to have a team with you at all times mid/late game. He is one of the strong ADCs that doesn't have an escape (Ezreal's E, Graves E, Corki W). When you get higher level you will get people more involved in helping to protect the ADC, because they know how important it is to keep you alive.

If you have any other questions you can add me in game.
BestBlítzNA

iRequiem

02-07-2013

Solareclipse460's build is a pretty standard build to go with. I suggest switching out Runaan's with Statikk Shiv. Also you can sell your greaves end build for zephyr. You get the same speed as having tier 2 boots just no tier 3 enhancements.

Zephyr:
10% movement spd
50% att spd
20 att dmg
10% cooldown reduction.
Unique Passive: 35% tenacity

Statikk Shiv:
+40% attack speed
+20% critical strike chance
+6% movement speed
Unique Passive:
Static charge attack attacks 4 units

Since you have to be mobile with most ranged champs while attacking you gain charges fast. 10 charges for attacks 5 charges while moving. Static charge attack range is roughly 250 between each unit

Runaan's Hurricane:
70% att spd
Unique Passive:
2 Minor bolts at 2 nearby targets, 10+50% of Physical Dmg

I dont use this on anyone but Caitlyn because it charges her passive. Also the "nearby" range is roughly only 150

Solareclipse460

02-07-2013

Quote:
iRequiem:
Solareclipse460's build is a pretty standard build to go with. I suggest switching out Runaan's with Statikk Shiv. Also you can sell your greaves end build for zephyr. You get the same speed as having tier 2 boots just no tier 3 enhancements.

Zephyr:
10% movement spd
50% att spd
20 att dmg
10% cooldown reduction.
Unique Passive: 35% tenacity

Statikk Shiv:
+40% attack speed
+20% critical strike chance
+6% movement speed
Unique Passive:
Static charge attack attacks 4 units

Since you have to be mobile with most ranged champs while attacking you gain charges fast. 10 charges for attacks 5 charges while moving. Static charge attack range is roughly 250 between each unit

Runaan's Hurricane:
70% att spd
Unique Passive:
2 Minor bolts at 2 nearby targets, 10+50% of Physical Dmg

I dont use this on anyone but Caitlyn because it charges her passive. Also the "nearby" range is roughly only 150

Good ideas here, I don't play Kog'Maw a lot so you building on really helps. Statikk Shiv is actually probably more viable, though I only play a couple of carries so I say the build I use for the others :P

Aleox

02-07-2013

Thanks a lot for everything guys, this really helps and I'll be make sure to test it out and tell you guys how I do with all the tips you've given me :3