Starting Flask on AD Carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kajin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Hello, when I play an AD carry I always start flask + ward + one healing potion and it seems to have been working fine for me. However I just played a game were my support was raging at me the whole game for starting flask even though we won the lane. Im curious because I don't see other AD carries start with that they usually get sword/pots or boots/pots. I only play Graves or Cait if that makes a difference.

I forgot to mention the reason I start with flask is I find the sustain very helpful for spamming spells and outlasting the opposing AD in lane, the ward to be able to stay in lane longer with the extra vision and it is cost efficient since it sells for a good amount of money and I don't have to buy pots.

TheFriendlyUncle

02-06-2013

not good for 2 reasons
1. most ad start long sword and rush vamp septer for free sustain. So u would be behind by not having it completed on ur first back.

2. start long sword gives really strong poke in conjunction with 15 ad runes. As cait, u can even opt for doran sword start. the life on hit will sustain you, and u will be relatively safe with just poking. Since cait offers a more passive play style. In which case a fast vamp scepter is still better than flask.

Eliroo

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFriendlyUncle View Post
not good for 2 reasons
1. most ad start long sword and rush vamp septer for free sustain. So u would be behind by not having it completed on ur first back.

2. start long sword gives really strong poke in conjunction with 15 ad runes. As cait, u can even opt for doran sword start. the life on hit will sustain you, and u will be relatively safe with just poking. Since cait offers a more passive play style. In which case a fast vamp scepter is still better than flask.

LS so expensive now, I would never rush Vamp unless I need sustain, Sit on a Long sword and farm till you can BF or a Pickaxe. Opening with a Dorans on your first back is never a bad thing either ( Cost effective).

Edit : Dorans/ Pots will give you better sustain.

SeCKS Egai

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFriendlyUncle View Post
not good for 2 reasons

I myself still run boots 3 pots - the extra mobility is invaluable for me. As for starting flask, I wouldn't unless I expected a long laning phase, but even then I'd rather have the boots or the long sword instead.

garnux

02-07-2013

Flask+ 3 health Potions(better than 1 ward 1 pot if your support has more than 2 wards) is a defensive start while ls 2 pots and doriens blade are offensive starts. Boots 3 pots is outclassed right now. 25 ms doesnt make up for the loss of 3 flask charges.