Thank You Riot - A letter.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BloodworksInc

02-06-2013

So this might be a bit long..

I'm a casual... sort of more than casual, LoL player. I originally started... oh goodness, I'm not sure how long ago now to be honest. I remember seeing the older Soraka artwork, when she still looked... how do I say,.. ugly, in a nice way? Back when she had that artwork. I remember playing my first games in Co-Op as Ashe during her free rotation, I remember not buying items for the first 5 games because I didn't know I needed too lol

I don't PvP. That's not entirely true I suppose, I have done some ARAMs and such, and I do have a PvP only account I use - that has maybe 5 recorded PvP matches.

I don't always follow the Meta, thankfully in Co-Op games this is a far less important ideal. That is not to say that I actively look for ways to BREAK IT, but sometimes experimentation yeilds better results for me. I don't know all about LoL, I can't recite every stat for even my most favorite of champions. I don't usually call skills by their; Q, W, E & R designations - I usually use the actual skill name.

I'm not that good at Support, outside of Blitz and his grab of d00/\/\. I don't use Sejuani or Hecarim as Junglers, I use them as Top-Laners or even Mid-Laners. I sadly, do not always remember to call MIAs in the heat of the moment - but I do try.

I'm usually an ADC or a Bruiser, and that can get me some heat from people lol I will never, take this game massively seriously. I will most likely, never play Ranked Games. I have no dreams of becoming a LoL eSports Pro - I have two jobs and school so.. there's no time for it.

I suppose I wrote this up in a nutshell, as the title says - to thank Riot.

I don't always agree, with some of the things they do. In terms of patches, or even sales. Some character designs and lore, in my opinion - are atrocious. But you know what?

I couldn't do any better.

I can sit here and judge their choices, their marketing, their patch hot-fixes. But I don't do this for a living, I don't have to run choices that effect a game that's literally being played - as we speak - by millions of people on this planet, across various Countries. I don't think the company is perfect, and I don't think they're the greatest game creators on the face of the Earth... but;

I quite enjoy LoL.

First MOBA game I've ever played, and I really like it. I like the heat of the moment, I like the diversity in champion selection, I like the spread of skills - I like the competition, despite not playing PvP that much. I like the hype around Professional Games and Tourneys, I like that feeling you get when your team has managed to come together just right... with the right composition, the right timing the right use of skills, strategy and maybe even luck and everything just seems... perfect. For a tenth of a second, you're unbeatable.

And I even like how fast that can change, and all your hopes of winning the game can be dashed in a single bad timed play on Baron. In short, through a long and overly convoluted way of saying it... I like LoL.

So thank you, Riot. From a casual... kind of not so casual, primarily Co-Op based player, who hasn't been here more than.. maybe 3 or 4 months straight, but maybe 7 months tops altogether. Thank you for creating this game, for making it at times;

Annoying, irritating, frustrating, rewarding, taxing, strategic, thought-provoking, adrenaline pumping - and above all else; Fun.

Thank you.

AK47WOLF

02-06-2013

RIP the English comma. We should have learned to use you correctly.

BloodworksInc

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
RIP the English comma. We should have learned to use you correctly.
IKR. My ENG professor would rip me a new one, but thankfully this is a forum. He always told me I tended to use them more... what was the word.. dramatically. As if I was pausing in an actual sentence.

I need to work on that.

BloodworksInc

02-06-2013

Ahhh General Discussion - you move too quickly.