A Little Obnoxious.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJ DAVEY SNOW

02-06-2013

Second post here, and i'm starting to get slightly annoyed.

I'm all for new things, and new systems, but i personally believe it's getting brutally obnoxious at this point for me.

I'm not calling myself an incredible player, and i'm not here to complain about "elo hell".

I've been placed in Silver I since the start of Season three, despite being gold in pre-season. Not mad about that at all, because i know i can simply climb out.

But here's where things get slightly... incredibly obnoxious.

I climb to 90 Points, Get all hyped to play my placement matches to finally move up to Gold V again.

Victory! 5 Points... Alright.. maybe it's a bug ?
Victory! 2 Points... Really though ?
Victory! 1 Point. k.

So i'm sitting a 98 point, literally worried about losing 20 points, and have to play another 10 Rankeds in a row to get it back to where I was.

I've read that it's "Riots Way" of "Proving" that you deserve gold?

I guess climbing the Divisons and winning every other game ISNT proving it ? Nor is getting it in pre-season?

Would LOVE a legit, arguable reason why i'm getting 1 League point per ranked victory.

CorranHorn01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

That's all I know on the topic, that it is Riots way of proving you are Gold, because you can't go from Gold to Silver with the new system.

Swindles

02-06-2013

Same is happening to me man. I'm at 97 Riot points in Silver 1.

I just got 6 points for a win, then 2 points for a win, then 1 point for a win. I actually got a single point.

sepetaiya

02-07-2013

this is complete utter riot trolling at its BEST.

or do they just not want to come out and admit that the new system is failing?

and all this dodge penalty too? giving power back to the trolls?

for someone like me who was so optomistic about the new system and had such high hopes for it......this is a NIGHTMARE.

DJ DAVEY SNOW

02-07-2013

More than anything am I not understanding their logic of us "Proving" that we earned gold. Because clearly meeting all the OTHER requirements of winning legit League Points, and climbing in divisions isn't proof enough.

It's gotten to the point where I'm actually afraid of queueing at sitting at 98 points, afraid of getting a troll, or even just personally have a bad game that will force me to have another 8 game winning spree JUST to get to PROMOTION series.

Irish Red Cap

02-07-2013

What I don't understand is why they restrict your LP so much when you get to 90+ points. It's not like you don't have to win 3 outta 5 games to get promoted anyway that enough is a challenge. Now they restrict it even further to deny people the ability to move tiers. It's sickening how poorly riot treats their player base.

DJ DAVEY SNOW

02-07-2013

So i reached the 98 points, lost a game and dropped to 81. I proceed to win THAT game and move right to my promotion series.

THIS SYSTEM IS SOOOO INCONSISTANT.

Gold now regardless, but RIOT FOR THE SAKE OF EVERYONE SANITY, Explain the 90+ System or something !

Nicola Rain

02-07-2013

you can't get ahead in this system in solo que it is just not possible
win great heres 5 points
lose we are taking 19
even at a 50% win rate you will fall down the ladder, even at a 60% win rate you will fall down the ladder
there are just too many feeders, trolls, afks to make it possible to get a better win rate than that
sure there will always be a few people who manage to do it but just the fact that you can win 50% and still drop instead of just staying where you are makes the game near unplayable

and guess what here's the best part when you drop down you get even more feeders and trolls quite the reward huh

Blacktidė

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

A few things to consider. How easy are these matches past 90 LP? There still is elo, its just hidden and maybe its below the next tier. (For you it would be below gold in the new system.) As far as trolls and feeders go, its hard to track them. The afkers is a whole different ball park. Lets say your team is losing and someone goes afk to give you a loss forgiven if that was put into the game. Even if it penalizes that specific player, the rest of the team still doesn't lose anything and could exploit the system. IMO they need to ban IP addresses instead of accounts. If they won't consider that maybe ban them from playing ranked instead. Just some ideas.