Draven problems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Revanchrist

02-06-2013

hey guys, i like to make team comps. however, i'm having trouble placing a
Draven on a team. sure he has great lane bullying, but not as great as urgot. his damage late game isnt as high as vayne or kog'ma. he doesn't have the roaming power that MF has. he doesn't have CC like ashe and varus do. and if you use your ulti to clear minions, you dont have it for a team fight so ezreal beats him there. Draven is NOT a safe pick. the only thing i cxan think of is how fast he clears dragon and baron.

now im not trying to wail on Draven, i play him all the time. but i just cant find a spot for him in a team comp.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

He's a ranged carry, you place him with normal ranged carries. Actually, he's also pretty viable top or mid, granted he's not against an assassin. The mobility and damage he has is pretty massive, and a well-timed E screws up any initiation, gank or escape.

The Revanchrist

02-06-2013

i get what your saying, but thats not what im looking for.
you pick ashe when your team needs an innicate
you pick MF for that crazy AoE damage
you pick ezreal to be safe and stop back dooring

Carry Me Darius

02-06-2013

Hes almost impossible to run from, is the only one with a reliable hard cc not on a big cd, has the highest potential physical damage DPS of any adc, highest earlygame damage.

He just requires a lot of micro and on the fly thinking (i.e do I want to go for the axe or not?).

Plus he can easily interrupt channeled abilities like Nunus ult and the so called "OP AP Yi medtitate".

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeingeagle View Post
i get what your saying, but thats not what im looking for.
you pick ashe when your team needs an innicate
you pick MF for that crazy AoE damage
you pick ezreal to be safe and stop back dooring
You pick Draven for an insanely powerful early game, solid late game and insane mobility.

The Revanchrist

02-06-2013

hmm, so draven is a counter pick?

JustMyBassCannon

02-06-2013

Quote:
Not so much a counter-pick as a versatile one. Mobility is one of the most powerful kinds of utility, but on top of that he has a long range nuke, hard CC and insanely good DPS especially early on.

Carry Me Darius

02-06-2013

Quote:
In my support days he was really good against ezreal, Miss fortune and sustain supports because they could not match his earlygame damage with his Q.

The Revanchrist

02-06-2013

thanks guys for the information, i really appreciate both the quality and speed you guys answered this for me