@Riot... An Idea about ques

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dunlocks

02-07-2013

Hey guys, I've been playing league since poppy came out. I love the game and you do a great job keep it up. I almost never post on the forums, but today is one of those rare occasions that I will.

I have an idea about the ques. Currently in solo que everyone joins games and calls roles. Inevitably, they will always be someone raging about not getting their choice of lane. My idea is that when you Que for games, you should choose the role you want to play. That way mostly every game everyone will be happy and get what they want. If queuing with friends simply make it so the same team cant have more then one person qued up for a role. I believe this can help the quality of games immensely.

Thumbs up if you agree.... lets make this happen!

Arcticfury

02-07-2013

I'm sorry, I love the simplicity of this idea. It would eliminate some arguments.

However it won't work because there aren't just 5 roles. Some people play ADC/Bruiser Bot and other play ADC/Sup bot. So do you call this person support regardless if it's Akali, Nunu, Nami, Zyra, Rengar, or Yi?

Riot does not want to lock people into a Meta and I hate the people who think you are trolling if you don't conform to their idea of the perfect Meta.

So answer how you will create a role selection without forcing a Meta? If you can do this then I'm sure Riot will consider it, but if you believe we should select (Top, Mid, Jungle, Sup, or ADC) then you're never going to get it. Riot has already said this is the reason they haven't done role selection.

THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

What about teams that want a double top and no jungle? They win even in tournaments, so surely it's a different Meta. The five made up roles don't allow this, so please explain how you are going to address this.

Novä

02-07-2013

learn every lane, problem solved.

Jarronomo

02-07-2013

I actually thought about this as well, Grahr. If we were locked into one meta, then this would be great. Unfortunately Arcticfury is right, and it's not possible.

Something to branch off of that, though, and keep in mind I'm just throwing this around for the sake of brainstorming..

What if there was a menu where you could post what you wanted to play, how you plan to play it, and where you would like to play it, and you could send invites to random people (you wouldn't know names or stats until after the game you're about to play is over) and fill teams that way? It would still be random people, you would just have a somewhat shaped meta going in.

El Faty, while I agree with your statement, it's not just the fact that YOU have to know every lane/position going into a game, but the rest of your teammates do as well. That's what is frustrating. While I could cover any position, you could have 3 people locked, mid/top/adc, you take support or jungle, but the 5th guy can't do either of the last two. That's where I keep getting screwed over. Being able to hand pick people by where they want to play could possibly help solve some of those.