@RIOT: Petition to update Ashe (bump to sign)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yhufir

02-06-2013

After reading several other people posting similar ideas I wanted to come up with a semi-comprehensive list of possible solutions to Ashe's QoL (or lack of):

-Swap her Passive for her E alt. passive. (ie. Her passive scales at some interval, but her critical chance is scaled on lvl)
-Allow the passive to increase until a critical strike is made (ie. Crit Chance grows by _% until a crit strike, then the crit chance starts at 0 again, increasing until the next crit strikes).
-Give the Volley (W) a slight push-back effect, within the AoE. (The push-back range could be the complete distance of W or even as little as 1/3 W to be effective).
-Make the Hawk-Shot (E - Activated) invisible to enemy team - OR - Make the direction of fire from E invisible but the splash remains visible to enemy team.
-Move the E passive to Q (as passive) so the extra gold will only accumulate when Q isn't active. This may leave E open for an additional passive or a slight rework of it's own.
-Scale the time on Hawk-Shot (E). Decreasing Cool-Down per level or Duration of Vision increase.
-Change Hawk-Shot to an On-Hit Effect of Vision (ie. If you hit someone with Hawk-Shot, you are granted vision of that champion for X amount of time).
-Add a small splash effect to Frost-Shot (Q).
-Allow Volley to pass through enemy units -OR- Allow Volley to pass through a small number of enemy units (like 1-2 units with diminishing dmg effects).
-Hawkshot, in addition to granting sight, does a small amount of damage in AoE
-Hawkshot follows and grants sight of the nearest enemy champion for up to X seconds or Y distance
-Passive: Apply frost every 3-5 hits depending on level (this will allow her to slow but not use all her mana in the process)
-Passive: Every X hits Ashe does X% more dmg to her target (keep it low like 3 hits for 10% more dmg)
-Have her passive increase her other abilities in some way. Like her hawkshot vision is slightly longer/wider, her slow is slightly stronger, or some other things to that effect
-Swap the passive on E to her main passive and give a flat gold per kill scaled similar to tristanas range. then have her crit dmg scale with E so it's another dmg skill of sorts
-Make it a flat increase to base crit rate instead of building over time (e.g. Ashe gains 5 / 9 / 13 / 17 / 21 / 25% bonus critical strike chance, based on level (1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16).

If you agree that Ashe should be re-examined for updating - either through one of these methods that we the players came up with or by leaving it to RIOT to judge the best way - please

Simply Bump - or leave a short comment - to Sign this Informal Petition

SentinelElite

02-06-2013

I do think ashe needs an update, but she doesn't need her passive switched. She needs a new passive and an AD scale on her ult or her Q.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

The only thing Ashe really needs is for her passive to be more dynamic.

Her Q is fantastic, paired with her longer-than-average range AND her W, it's a powerful utility tool meaning she doesn't need someone else to hold down her target.

Her W speaks for itself; 4 second cooldown AoE AD-scaling burst that attaches her Q slow.

Her E doesn't seem like much, but the gold advantage gained from it, not to mention the free CV, really helps with keeping ahead of the enemy carry. Getting your Infinity Edge 4 minutes before them is a massive edge, pun intended.

Her R has fantastic base damage, hits an AoE, and has global range. What more could you want? Oh, a 3.5 second stun on the main target and a 75% slow on the AoE? Sure, why not?

Her passive is the only 'meh' thing in her kit, and it still proves useful in initial engagements.

itsfrankie

02-06-2013

id like to see new changes to ashe

Yhufir

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelElite View Post
I do think ashe needs an update, but she doesn't need her passive switched. She needs a new passive and an AD scale on her ult or her Q.
So you dont think she needs a change but you think she needs a change? Do you TLDR street signs bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
The only thing Ashe really needs is for her passive to be more dynamic.

Her Q is fantastic, paired with her longer-than-average range AND her W, it's a powerful utility tool meaning she doesn't need someone else to hold down her target.

Her W speaks for itself; 4 second cooldown AoE AD-scaling burst that attaches her Q slow.

Her E doesn't seem like much, but the gold advantage gained from it, not to mention the free CV, really helps with keeping ahead of the enemy carry. Getting your Infinity Edge 4 minutes before them is a massive edge, pun intended.

Her R has fantastic base damage, hits an AoE, and has global range. What more could you want? Oh, a 3.5 second stun on the main target and a 75% slow on the AoE? Sure, why not?

Her passive is the only 'meh' thing in her kit, and it still proves useful in initial engagements.

Thanks for explaining Ashe's kit. This was badly needed. Also, I've never played Ashe and neither has anyone else. Maybe you should be in charge of this; I'm already losing hope here. Not in the cause but in the communities ability to communicate effectively and show RioT what WE think is important.

Please -someone-anyone- just add your name.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhufir View Post
Thanks for explaining Ashe's kit. This was badly needed. Also, I've never played Ashe and neither has anyone else. Maybe you should be in charge of this; I'm already losing hope here. Not in the cause but in the communities ability to communicate effectively and show RioT what WE think is important.

Please -someone-anyone- just add your name.
I'm no stranger to sarcasm, and you're asking for changes on a champion whose design is fine. What I've stated is what Riot and the part of the community that matters (i.e. the actually good players) have come to a consensus to; Ashe's kit is balanced, and her only issue is her passive's lacking usability.

Furthermore, updating Ashe is a very low priority; I saw a list of the next 10 champions that Riot's going to work on, and Ashe wasn't on there. Seems like Riot still believes Ashe is fine at the moment.

Jiejl

02-06-2013

With the addition of Furor enchant she's quite viable.

Can't Kite --- Can't Ashe

Yhufir

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
I'm no stranger to sarcasm, and you're asking for changes on a champion whose design is fine. What I've stated is what Riot and the part of the community that matters (i.e. the actually good players) have come to a consensus to; Ashe's kit is balanced, and her only issue is her passive's lacking usability.

Furthermore, updating Ashe is a very low priority; I saw a list of the next 10 champions that Riot's going to work on, and Ashe wasn't on there. Seems like Riot still believes Ashe is fine at the moment.
I'm not in the mood to argue about this much more but I will give this one more shot:

1) I'm not asking RIOT what they think. I've never seen a poll of ANYONE ("that matters") on whether or not they think we should update Ashe. I recently posted a poll in this same forum asking if people think Ashe needs something changed in order to stay "balanced" or however you want to say it (I just call it a CHANGE - not denoting a Mt Olympus-sized buff but SOMETHING-ANYTHING). 75% said they agree - Ashe needs SOME form of change. I have a feeling you've never seen a poll like the one I'm describing either. And you know what? **** your "actually good players." I don't know who you think you're speaking on behalf of but they dont matter more than the rest of the community, you arrogant ****. I refuse to believe that there's some board meeting with "actually good players" and RIOT employees which have specifically discussed why Ashe doesnt need to be balanced.

2) I'm not saying it's SUPER EASY to just update a champion. Obviously a lot of time and energy goes in to making game balance decisions. "The only issue is her passive" is EXACTLY WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT. You're not arguing. You specifically said you believe Ashe's passive "lacks usability," which in my book means, "NEEDS UPDATING." I cant bring to mind all champion's abilities (including passives), but I cant think of any ADC that has an passive that "lacks usability." i cant really think of any champion that has any ability I would say "lacks usability." I get that it's not a priority to Riot RIGHT NOW. The point of this was to try and MAKE it a priority.

I apologize for calling you a ****. Not sorry enough to delete it but I don't generally condone raging in forums as it's pretty useless. But still, **** you for calling 75% of the community irrelevant.