How do you Counter Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

So True II

02-06-2013

How?

Crazy Crann

02-06-2013

Crowd control generally works pretty well.

Hideous Z

02-06-2013

Kite him, or otherwise create distance. Jax has one gap closer, and once he uses it he's very vulnerable to being kited. That's why Jayce is a very effective Jax counter - if Jax jumps on you, bat him away with your Hammer E. Then switch to Cannon and pew pew him down.

Other than that, champs that can just outsustain him. Jax has no natural sustain, so any damage he takes tends to stick. Olaf, Garen are good counters in this way.

The trouble with Jax is that he bounces back from losing a lane really well, so even if you do beat him early he'll probably come back and still be really strong. But the same tactics apply - he's a duelist, lots of single target damage but not much in the way of sustain or escapes. Kite, kite, kite.

SomeCallMeEd

02-06-2013

I actually found grabbing a thornmail about mid game or so helps a lot against him, unlike Yi or Fiora he won't flat suicide but it helps a LOT from my experience.

Basically in lane keep near your tower, most Jax's will prep Counter-Strike befor leaping so kiting is problematic mpst of the time. Garen, Olaf, Vi if played defencive, Yi, Fiora, and Jayce are pretty good against him. Just remember, after six be very cautious about attacking him. Only fight when you're going to all in him.

If you know you're laning against a Jax, take Exaust, it also really helps a lot. I religiously take exaust when I solo top just in case.

That's about all I got. Hope it helps!

Ill Darkistino

02-06-2013

Cho'gath. Jax is like a little cat toy for him.

So True II

02-06-2013

So, Elise isn't too good, right?

GrazingAntelope

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by So True View Post
So, Elise isn't too good, right?
probably not at all. you would be trading mostly and Jax would probably win.

Z The Slayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

MFing Malphite hard counters Jax. It's actually kinda funny to watch.

"HURT."

Z The Slayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

You could just go to Championselect.net and check there.

Malphite, Singed, Jayce, and Garen all showed up on there. So effectively, any champion that excels in extremely close quarters that doesn't have a jump/speed dash (which means they are compensated heavily for damage or survivability)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrazingAntelope View Post
probably not at all. you would be trading mostly and Jax would probably win.
Actually, Elise was voted 4:1 to being a counter against Jax.

ZeroQuest96

02-07-2013

Frozen Heart along with a Runic Bulwark tends to counter Jax's damage decently. Silences also work well.