Fury of Sands cap before or after resistances

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regulas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

His damage is capped at 240 per second per target however it is never specified if that is before or after resistances?

I.e if 300dmg is reduced to 240 and then reduced by resistances

or if 300 is reduced by resistances and only reduced to 240 if still above 240?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

I'm pretty sure it takes into account resistances, meaning it will never show more than 240 damage per tick. That's just me thinking logically though.

Myrren

02-06-2013

regulas re-read your question lol. Anything that is not true damage will always have resistance applied. 240 max per second is his damage cap, so if they have like 40000 hp, it'll only do 240 then resistance is applied

Regulas

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrren View Post
regulas re-read your question lol. Anything that is not true damage will always have resistance applied. 240 max per second is his damage cap, so if they have like 40000 hp, it'll only do 240 then resistance is applied
Um.... you need to read it over again. In both situations I provided, resistances were already being counted, whereas you seem to be under the impression i said otherwise.

The question is as to the order they are applied. given the nature of LoL and it's abilities this is a highly variable thing, especially since tool-tips arn't always perfectly accurate and this is a largely unique ability, the difference in order can result in a significant difference in damage.