Who to jungle as for Season 3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ste4mr0ller

02-06-2013

I haven't jungled much since the remake, but I've done it enough to know that it hasn't really effected my skill in the jungle in any kind of detrimental way. However, being as rusty as I am, and being unsure as to which junglers fit the current meta (i.e. stack HP and roll), I was looking for some feedback on who to jungle with. Below is a list of all the champs, in no particular order, that I've either been a strong jungler with before or would like to learn how to play. Ideally, I'm looking for a list of 5 "backup" champs in addition to a list of 3 main champs. Essentially, the 3 I want to be my "top three" junglers, while the other 5 are there for when those 3 get banned or they don't go well with/against whatever team comps form. As of now, I consider Nocturne, Hecarim, and Shen to be my top 3 junglers. Who would be the best 5 to supplement these 3?

Amumu
Cho'Gath
Jarvan IV
Lee Sin
Maokai
Mundo
Nunu
Olaf
Udyr
Vi
Xin Zhao

CorranHorn01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

I would say Amu definitely, there's a reason he's usually banned at the lower elo. Malphite would be good too.Maybe Xin, Cho and Mundo for the others? I personally like J4 though.

Blinkfenix

02-06-2013

personally jungle yi is the new best jungler hands down, other champions are low life when ganking, or not able for half the game, yi ganks all game with ease, is fast and efficient and has no issues with jungle clear. lee sin a close second. i havent tried vi yet so i dont know her. all others are mediocre. i would suggest trying some people that in season two you didnt think could jungle, the new starting item (machete) for jungle makes it very simple for almost anyone to jungle, how well on the other hand is up to your skill and ability, and possibly champion limitations.
ww isnt too bad either, as long as u go ap with him

Ste4mr0ller

02-06-2013

I had wondered about Yi. I've wanted to try him out in the jungle, but a lot of people seem to get upset at the notion of someone picking Yi for jungler.

CorranHorn01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

All Yi brings to a gank is dmg. He has no cc outside of Red or Items. And late game all he becomes is cc locked. He can easily carry, but he's not 'meta' so people in Bronze, Silver and probably Gold will rage for it being a 'troll' pick.

HandyMan62

02-06-2013

you will jungle as shaco, and always jungle as Shaco

Ste4mr0ller

02-06-2013

But I don't wanna =(