Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sword of the Occult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cloud273

02-06-2013

This is just my opinion, but I feel like this item deserves more use this season. People say it's too "risky", but in reality it's not that much of a risk at all. It doesn't cost a ton of gold (only 1200), so it's not like it's a huge investment like a trinity force, infinity edge, etc. The worst thing that happens is you have an item that only gives you 10 extra AD. But if you play your cards right in game, you could end up with an extra 100 AD (for only 1200 gold!!!).

JesusPwns0926

02-06-2013

Yeah, but if you save up 300 more gold, you are guaranteed 45AD no matter how bad you are doing.

I'd rather not risk it

Zeraphicus

02-06-2013

Its intriguing on looking it has like a 80% win rate, same with mejajs. And its 110 ad plus 15% move speed maxed out

Afflictid

02-06-2013

Quote:
Zeraphicus:
Its intriguing on looking it has like a 80% win rate, same with mejajs. And its 110 ad plus 15% move speed maxed out

People will usually only buy them if they are already dominating, from games I've seen. So that's probably why the winrate is so high.

SquirtingSquid

02-06-2013

Quote:
Zeraphicus:

It's misleading because people only get it either a) when they're hella ahead and would win anyway or b) are smurfing and are like 95% sure they're gonna win anyway.

Zeraphicus

02-07-2013

Well at the same time it would only be effective if you bought it early, all you really have to do is play safe and not get killed, you can always sell it if you are dying too much.

Just checked lolking, MF VI and Xin all have a 100% win rate with it, and pantheon is 90%. Although I think lolking records the stats at the end of the game, so obviously you'd sell it if you are losing.

JakeOfSpades

02-07-2013

The only champ i see it worth on is Twitch, you ult and use the active and it wrecks. But still too risky, needs to be cheaper and i think assists should lower the cooldown.

NotBuzzJack

02-07-2013

I forget it's an option.

Cloud Potato

02-07-2013

As an AD you are either balls deep and are always at risk of untilely death or you are a Carry and you're enemy #1 and are never truly safe. Heck, even people I see buying it in vs. AI don't spend a hell of a lot of time with a good amount of stacks (although it snowballs them hard to begin with).