Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is the difference between a Good Nunu and a Bad Nunu?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X5TeRraN

02-06-2013

A good taric, and a bad taric?

Sometimes i find myself having to support and these are my 2 go-to champions. But I feel as though I could improve the way I'm supporting my adc (we almost always get zoned).

How do you play these support champions well? I know they are easy to pick up, but what separates the GREAT nunu's from the bad, the GREAT taric's from the worse?

Myrthrei

02-06-2013

For nunu dont constantly keep on your w on them and dont q the big minion.
For taric dont use the w to harass because it leaves u open to poke.

Boo

02-06-2013

how to be a good nunu: have a good adc

missou

02-06-2013

Pretty much what has been said above.
If you're nunu, pray your ADC is good.
If you're taric, using your stun badly takes a lot of pressure off your lane opponents because it will be off cooldown for a while. Most bot lane combos will go in for the engage as soon as they see you throw out a bad stun.

HeartlessXiao

02-06-2013

Neither champions have very high mechanical requirement. Getting better at them has more to do with game sense, understanding when to go in, how to itemize, where to place wards, and understanding the limits of what you can do ("oh hey, we can go in on these guys and get a kill without dying&quot.

Most of this comes with experience, both with the champion, and with the game overall.

SonOfTheDevil

02-06-2013

With any support character the most important thing is Presence...the more the enemy adc/support combo feel your presence the less likely they'll go in to dive your adc

WILL SMlTH

02-06-2013

warding, warding, and warding.

Blufffy

02-06-2013

For bot Nunu and Taric, the answer (imo) will always be skill maxing. If the Nunu doesn't max Blood boil, I don't want them supporting me. Same goes for Taric, better be maxing shatter (after getting stun and heal lvls 1&2)
Just noticed who OP is...

Raistyn

02-06-2013

blood boil dat cannon minion!

HeartlessXiao

02-06-2013

Quote:
Project VR:
With any support character the most important thing is Presence...the more the enemy adc/support combo feel your presence the less likely they'll go in to dive your adc

I agree with showing presence, but I usually think about it the other way. The more presence I show, the safer my carry will feel to farm and harass and the more confidence he'll have when we decide to go in on them.

A lot about being a good support is playing many games as ADC. I know that personally, when I play ADC, I HATE when my support shows no lane presence (or, they show too much "lane presence" and take unnecessary harass). As a result, I try to play the way I would want my ADC to play when I support.