Please, read this....it is very important.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaintPerry2

02-06-2013

Can you please open all the champion skin that has been locked down???
That would be really nice. It would help you guys earn lots of money if you say its a limited edition. People have a tendency to buy those that are far out reached.
Also I believe that there are some skin that might interest people. I saw few skin that interested me in youtube video

Cretinok

02-06-2013

Agreed, I want Zombie Brand but Riot apparently doesnt want my $20.

Yuan Shikai

02-06-2013

I like how the thread title implies the topic is important when it actually is not at all.

Weyen

02-06-2013

Given the tantrum that people threw when they offered goth Annie last week, I think they don't want to annoy the people who already bought them.

They just had a sale on the legacy skins last month, so I assume they'll be available again if you wait. Zombie Brand, especially, I suspect will be up next halloween, the same way the 2011 snowdown skins were re-released this year.

Z0nne

02-06-2013

Why do people care if someone else can own the same skin as them or not? Does their life suck that much that owning a "limited" skin, in an anonymous game, the only way they can feel special?

I can't understand this

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

I can understand both sides of the argument. On one side, it's not fair to hold something at arm's length saying "you weren't there on these days, so you don't get it EVER!" But on the other, it kind of loses meaning for a special edition item to become available to anyone who happens to spend as much money as you.

I don't know where I sit on this argument honestly.

Z0nne

02-06-2013

^ I can understand this if you own a unique painting, or baseball card, or other collector item but in an online game where thousands of
people use the same champion as you and your only showing it off to complete strangers or to a couple of your friends, then a "special"
skin doesn't have that much value. It's not even that limited, I'm sure there are thousands of Goths Annies going around.

So i think the problem lies in giving a lot of value to something that really doesn't have any value, not even as a collectible. In the end you
cant really show it off and you don't really own anything. I think it's just a brilliant marketing scheme and the only satisfaction people get is
the illusion of having something unique and that other people can't have it.

Fluffy1

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0nne View Post
Why do people care if someone else can own the same skin as them or not? Does their life suck that much that owning a "limited" skin, in an anonymous game, the only way they can feel special?

I can't understand this
depends, if it was one of the limited edition skins that were specifically available for a 1 time purchase then yes id be annoyed if they brought it back(would also be illegal, at least in my country) . but if its a legacy skin im not fussed at all. but from a business perspective i can see why they only sell them here and there, it creates an urgency to get them when they are avaliable.

the issue with goth annie was most that they were gonna release her separately to the 3900 RP bundle which pissed people off. though people were claming she was a limited skin which is a lie, she was never advertised as limited and is still very much avaliable in the bundle, if people really want that awesome skin they will buy the whole bundle just for the skin.