What's the point of playing ranged ADC anymore?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamTheTrueKing

Recruiter

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantpickle View Post
The problem I have with ADC is for some reason they think they have to run in the middle of the fight and try to hit the squishies. STOP IT!!!

You stay back and hit what you can. You have the highest DPS output in the game. Tanks die because of you. Please stay back.

Also for the love of god if someone is tunnel-visioning you, DO NOT RUN AWAY FROM YOUR TEAM. Kite them to the side but stay close. Don't complain about someone not peeling for you when you ran halfway across the map.

This. Unfortunately, this took me forever to learn. Once I got the mentality of "you need to stay alive at all cost", I suddenly started getting more kills and getting fed instead of having a 1/1 kdr in games.

I also make it a habit to tell my tank/bruisers that I'm following them when roaming, and to sacrifice themselves for me in a full blown team fight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
ADC is still single-handedly responsible for winning (or losing) games that go on for longer than 40 minutes.
That's not true - an adc can't do their job without a team. A good adc can position well, but all the same they can be forced out of position if the team doesn't run interference.

Sure, they can potentially deal the most damage, but they can't do it if they're dead.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Red Ryu

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Vayne comps are pretty much protect the Vayne because her Damage will single handedly win team fights if you keep her going.

Alistar, Shen, Nunu.

All we do is Protect Vayne and keep her going, won team fights every time when we could keep them off her.

Now, teams that are built for rushing down the ADC, Irelia being a good example, your going to want an ADC that can protect themselves Somehow since your peel might not be able to do much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Did that happen

Senior Member

02-06-2013

i never protect my adc i just dive at the enemy one and mow them down first imo. That is more important to me then protecting. Imo my job as a engager is to nuke the closest carry and push them out of the fight to allow for my supports/carries to get on the enemy engagers and push them out. More neverous you make people the more mistakes they will make.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Red Ryu

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Did that happen View Post
i never protect my adc i just dive at the enemy one and mow them down first imo. That is more important to me then protecting. Imo my job as a engager is to nuke the closest carry and push them out of the fight to allow for my supports/carries to get on the enemy engagers and push them out. More neverous you make people the more mistakes they will make.
Depends which champ you are.

Alistar for example is better as a babysitter for ADCs, Leona on the other hand I think is better going into the middle of the cluster and CCing the hell out of people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSeCKSx View Post
That's not true - an adc can't do their job without a team. A good adc can position well, but all the same they can be forced out of position if the team doesn't run interference.

Sure, they can potentially deal the most damage, but they can't do it if they're dead.
Even a bad team can take hits for you when faced by another bad team. Even if it's not deliberate on their part.

Problem is even bad players understand that the squishy ranged dude in the back needs to die first or they'll lose the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoobMascot

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ryu View Post
Vayne comps are pretty much protect the Vayne because her Damage will single handedly win team fights if you keep her going.

Alistar, Shen, Nunu.

All we do is Protect Vayne and keep her going, won team fights every time when we could keep them off her.

Now, teams that are built for rushing down the ADC, Irelia being a good example, your going to want an ADC that can protect themselves Somehow since your peel might not be able to do much.
Nope.
Every game its either:
Vayne split push and they need at least 2 people to kill her
Or
Everybody dives their adc while vayne single handed 1v2 their bruises and divers by kiting etc.

Either that or everybody in silver division is quite bad...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BillyBoss

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Adc is the easiest role to carry yourself in SoloQ learn to kite, don't be in a retarded position, and win your lane. If you aren't winning with those three criteria met, then reevaluate yourself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IamTheTrueKing

Recruiter

02-06-2013

J4 ADC is also an option to consider


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

Senior Member

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
Even a bad team can take hits for you when faced by another bad team. Even if it's not deliberate on their part.

Problem is even bad players understand that the squishy ranged dude in the back needs to die first or they'll lose the game.
Doesn't need to be deliberate, they simply need to be damage soaks and additional damage =P

Of course, I run Vayne when I actually do get to adc most of the time, so I have to depend on my team (especially the support) otherwise I'll end up getting zoned out and be ineffective.


123