Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[game][minor]HP pot timer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tigre the Legend

02-06-2013

I've noticed that the HP pot timer does not display correctly when you use more than one. Anyone else notice this?

Ashurion

02-06-2013

I have noticed this on an allied champion when they used a blue potion. For the first potion it didn't show the timer but the next potions did. It's just a little annoying though.

Tigre the Legend

02-06-2013

Quote:
Ashurion:
I have noticed this on an allied champion when they used a blue potion. For the first potion it didn't show the timer but the next potions did. It's just a little annoying though.

Thanks for the reply, your description of the bug is far more detailed than mine. Hopefully Riot finds it helpful in fixing the bug

Spencer2cool

02-06-2013

Is this the bug you are talking about?

I see this on live.

1. Use one health potion
2. Wait some seconds
3. Use another health potion (Before the first potion runs out)
4. Buff icon will show that you have 2 health potions queued, but will not show how long until the first potion runs out.
5. Buff icon shows timer properly once there is only one health potion active.

It doesn't seem to happen every time.

Tigre the Legend

02-07-2013

Quote:
Spencer2cool:
Is this the bug you are talking about?

I see this on live.

1. Use one health potion
2. Wait some seconds
3. Use another health potion (Before the first potion runs out)
4. Buff icon will show that you have 2 health potions queued, but will not show how long until the first potion runs out.
5. Buff icon shows timer properly once there is only one health potion active.

It doesn't seem to happen every time.

Yes, that is the one.

Bethiriam

04-02-2013

I confirm the same bug occurring.

[Game][Minor] HP Potion Timer doesn't function when at least 2 potions are used.

-Activated an HP Potion.
-Moved around a bit.
-Activated 2nd HP Potion.
-Timer for 1st HP Potion used was stuck at 100% Time Remaining. (However, it seemed to be a visual glitch, because)
-Upon the first HP Potion's timer being expended:
----> Timer refreshes and 2nd HP Potion Timer works as it should.

@dev team
Since the visual timer(buff icon) is the only thing giving problems, likely you would want to start looking at how the "real" Potion timer works in handling timer-data, make sure it's sending the appropiate values to the "visual timer"(buff icon). If that's not it, there's also how the "visual timer" perceives the received data; since it's working fine at 1 potion, focus on the section of the codes that are different from the 1 potion to a 1+n potions, it should make it easier to pinpoint.

I'll test some more later, in-game.

Edit:
After further testing, I can confirm this happens for both HP Potions & MP Potions.

Additionally, it seems only the 1st potion in Queu is glitched.
-->That is, if a player successfully uses an additional 5 potions before the first timer reaches zero(that is, 6 potions in a row).
------> The first potion is "discarded" or "eliminated from queu," thus the timer is refreshed & the visual glitch removed.
-----------> Timer works as should.

However, upon reaching zero again (consuming the entire buff), the glitch can again occur as before.

Quote:
Recorded the bug, for visual aid visit: [ http://youtu.be/-ApkrNG4SNU (http://youtu.be/-ApkrNG4SNU) ]

Bethiriam

04-02-2013

bump

Bethiriam

04-03-2013

Bumpy

Bethiriam

04-03-2013

Bump

Bethiriam

04-03-2013

Supreme Bumpiness.