Surrender Vote Has Passed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrakill Amumu View Post
Riot needs to remove the surrender option from solo/duo queue Ranked altogether so people will just f***ing play the godd*** game instead of arguing over whether a particular game is winnable or not.
They should pair you with people who have similar surrender rates.

Bakabridget

02-20-2013

To be honest, I play to have fun. If I'm not having fun, I'll want to surrender. At this point, I don't really care if there's a chance to win because I'm not having any fun.

Ryrok

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrakill Amumu View Post
Riot needs to remove the surrender option from solo/duo queue Ranked altogether so people will just f***ing play the godd*** game instead of arguing over whether a particular game is winnable or not.
Surrender vote is useful because if there wasn't one, people would give up by /afking or just standing on the platform whining in /all.

That said, I've been in some amazing turnarounds. One time a Sivir backdoored down our nexus turrets and we defended a naked nexus for 20 minutes before wining. In another game the other team was snowballing like crazy, then I smite-stole baron. Later, with baron, we aced them and pushed to win. I've won games after our team started out up down ten kills, and lost games where we were up by ten.

Remember that there's a power cap to this game--if you can hold off against a snowballed champ and farm, eventually you'll meet his power level. When a champ starts to snowball, I consider it great practice; a true challenge.

Never give up, never surrender.

Yozaru

02-20-2013

I hate when people surrender when the enemy team is pushing down the nexus towers and its clear your going to lose anyways. I at least want to go down fighting not sitting in the fountain.

a lack of skill

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakabridget View Post
To be honest, I play to have fun. If I'm not having fun, I'll want to surrender. At this point, I don't really care if there's a chance to win because I'm not having any fun.
It's a team e-sport. If you want personal fun, play a
single player or "every man for himself" game.

If you're not going to have fun in close games where the
enemy has a slight advantage, don't play LoL. If you
can't play through it you're just wasting everyone's time,
including your own.

The game is actively trying to put you in matches like
that. That is literally what elo is for. Because this game
is designed for players who enjoy that kind of "stress".

Silent Pete

02-20-2013

the surrender vote has passed

except we just destroyed their nexus

the camera pans over to our base and the nexus explodes

I have either the best or worst friends I can't tell

Pesterer

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozaru View Post
I hate when people surrender when the enemy team is pushing down the nexus towers and its clear your going to lose anyways. I at least want to go down fighting not sitting in the fountain.
Your team was probably going for the double boom. Much better than the single boom.

Molegrave

02-20-2013

I find it crazy annoying the way the match system works. You see, its based off of your surrender rate. However, if your teams constantly make successful surrenders (like the ones I get put with), the system is broken because even if you say no it still counts as yes. 98.6% of my games are surrendered, but only 0.2% of them I've actually voted yes.

Bakabridget

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by a lack of skill View Post
It's a team e-sport. If you want personal fun, play a
single player or "every man for himself" game.

If you're not going to have fun in close games where the
enemy has a slight advantage, don't play LoL. If you
can't play through it you're just wasting everyone's time,
including your own.

The game is actively trying to put you in matches like
that. That is literally what elo is for. Because this game
is designed for players who enjoy that kind of "stress".
This is funny because to surrender it takes 4 out of 5 people to vote "yes" so the only one having fun if 4 people are voting "yes" would be you so you're the one that wants to waste everyone's time.