Morgana question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sidian Lazarus

02-06-2013

was looking to get good with another mage (Malthazar is my other who im quite effective with) so i picked up morgana. However i found myself initially frustrated with her dark sphere move as it must be aimed and more often than not i found it missing and hitting a minion or my opponent simply moving out of the way...any advice on how to play her and more specifically get good with this move? or should i just pick a different mage?

Theungry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

As with any skillshot the key is not to just fire it at someone, but to wait until they're in a predictable movement situation on the escape or advance. If you don't smart-cast, I highly recommend rebinding to smart-cast across the board, but especially for skillshot combo's like Morg's.

Edit, example: save your Q in a teamfight until someone is trying to retreat. fire it in their path so they either have to stop to dodge, keeping them from gaining distance, or they'll walk into and be stuck just the same.

Landing skill shots is about knowing what your target wants to do, and putting the shot in the position they want to be in.

M4nTiCoR3

02-06-2013

Smart cast is amazing, but other than that, you just have to practice leading your shots and predicting enemy position. It is not a point and shoot skill, but can be devestating once mastered. Skill shots aren't for everyone, but luckily their are plenty of non skill shot mages that are equally viable. If you are not ready, willing, or able to put in the practice give someone else a shot.

I have personally become very fond of Annie lately, who's stun combo can be similarly game changing once mastered, and she doesn't require skill shots either.

Good luck!

Z The Slayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

I find that Lux is a faster-paced version of Morgana with a sniping/combo ult. Her skillshots are harder to dodge and synergize well, especially if you can auto attack the enemy without taking too much flak. Since her snare can hit up to two targets, you can surprise people by shooting it from behind a minion, which they never expect.

Ziggs is similarly effective, and has a higher damage potential. Because of his range, damage, and cooldowns, you'll be tempted to harass every possible chance you get (and with his kit, it's easy even when they're tower hugging). With Athene's for mana, and Will of the Ancients for health, you'll have infinite sustain. He IS susceptible to ganks due to his difficult escape ability, so try ganking instead of harassing near the enemy's tower. With his ult's range and wide effect, he can provide a nice finisher to an escaping enemy, or provide the leverage your team needs when they get ganked while out of place. I'll usually pack teleport just to provide that surprise explosion on a dime.

Sarise

02-07-2013

Morgana's cooldowns are so long that it's about quality, not quantity (I have a similar opinion of Blitz grabs). Don't just try to fire it off every time it's off cooldown, wait and be patient for the right moment. When you're fairly certain you can land it, go for it. It also helps to pay attention to when they are about to last hit a minion and aim for where you think they will be to get that minion kill.

Fluffy1

02-07-2013

if you miss your Q you basically have to back off your whole combo due to extreme cooldowns and mana costs.

as for hitting it, fire it from out of line of sight if possible, in mid lane these are the area's next to the side bush, push the minions with W to kill their line of sight then hide off to the side and land a Q+W combo