I started in Silver Division II...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Focus Sash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

And now I'm in Gold Division III.

I finished my placement matches on Friday and, I'll admit, I was a little bit skeptical to be put in Silver Division II right off the bat even though I'd won a decent majority of the placement matches. Rather than be deterred, however, I was actually strongly incensed; when I found myself part of Teemo's Elite(!), I simply couldn't bring myself to stop playing.

I'd never been interested in numbers, and so ranked never held any appeal for me. With over three thousand games total (which is including one prior account), with a start date before Ranked even came out, I had never before seen the draw to it. But *now*, now it is different. My division is far dearer than some lousy string of numbers could ever be, to me. Know this, Riot -- for all of the people complaining about the Ranked System, know that at least one person greatly appreciates what you have done to bring his participation to a new level.

Was it easy getting where I am? Well -- for the most part -- yes. I hit ~95 LP with just three wins and when I did finally manage to lose, I lost so little that the next game still put me in series. Bumping up to Silver I was cake, and I was pleased at how quickly I had managed to progress. Silver I series came next and it, too, fell down beneath the mighty Gecko without too much incident. A few lost games here and there, but I was confident that I would make it through eventually, so I continued slugging away at it until I was at Gold V.

Gold V, though... it was a good deal rougher. I managed to get to series fast enough; I was still getting a metric ton of LP and losing little, so it took only a few games. No, it was not the journey getting to series that was distressing, it was the games of which it was comprised. First loss of the series was when the team devolved to a complete rage fest, while the second, well... due to extenuating circumstances, I was forced to play Support Katarina. I was a tad upset, but I kept at it -- I would get to series again just like last time, right?

Well, no, actually. You see, after hitting series, I started getting matched up with much higher ranked players -- Plat, Diamond, high Golds, etc. I suffered a five loss streak and I started to question whether I would ever manage to get back to series, much less complete it. Slowly, steadily, I climbed my way back up, clawing desperately at what LP I could manage to scrounge, and ended back up in the series that had scorned me not so long ago. Another chance, and with extreme effort, I managed to win it, with two out of three wins. I could finally take my place among the other Gold IV players, content that I would soon find another series and -- even if it took a good deal longer -- I would persevere.

Except I didn't get put in Gold IV. Those Diamond and Platinum players that had been giving me such a hard time? Those losses may have delayed my series, but after that hard-earned victory, I cannot say I was not justly rewarded. A skip straight into Gold III.

And now here we are. The system is amazingly fun. Wanted to say "Thank you, Riot" and let the rest of you players know that the system is not so merciless as some would lead you to believe.

CarePoliceLoL

02-06-2013

dear diary

Im Not Helping

02-09-2013

how many games /10 did you win for your placement matches to get into Silver II? just wondering.

pomlife

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeto View Post
how many games /10 did you win for your placement matches to get into Silver II? just wondering.
It would be 8/10, as 7/10 put me in Silver III.

Wirius

02-09-2013

Congrats!

Call Me Fabled

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

I feel you..

My first game to get to diamond from plat in the series....

Every player was a former diamond AND Diamond 3~1 already...
It made me want to quit this game. They were so darn good ._. I lost my series, but hopefully I'll be able to reach it again and win this time

After all, losing only makes you stronger!

LuxIsAHottie

03-27-2013

i won 9/10 games and was placed in silver 3. BS.

Crappy Aim

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxIsAHottie View Post
i won 9/10 games and was placed in silver 3. BS.
Must had some brilliant 3 digit Elo from preseason.

LOMAC69

05-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crappy Aim View Post
Must had some brilliant 3 digit Elo from preseason.
eh not really, I won nine out of ten and i was placed into division 3. I think there is more to it than win/lose ratio.

16 Roman Candles

05-27-2013

I finished my placement matches in Silver IV. Yep. I'm in Plat III after a ton of hard work and I only skipped one division.

[new account]