Graves range too short

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carnack

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilis View Post
The in your face style lasts until mid game/teamfights like i was saying. If you want to dash upto a garen or darius and buckshot him good luck to you.
From Riot's mechanics overview for Graves

"We wanted to take this opportunity to preview some of the gameplay on our newest ranged DPS champion: Graves, the Outlaw.

This rough-and-tumble gunman uses a massive, hextech double-barreled shotgun to rain down death from a distance and punish any foolish varmints that get too close. For example, Buckshot shoots three quick shrapnel bursts in a cone in front of him. Unlike other multi-missile spells, however, all three Buckshot rounds can all hit the same target (although each individual projectile will deal slightly reduced damage).

Graves is also able to make it uncomfortable for foes to fight at his optimal range by throwing out Smoke Screen to limit enemy vision and slow them in an area, while Quick Draw lets him dash in for a quick shotgun blast or escape danger as needed. In this way he can control his positioning to set up maximum damage Buckshots.

Finally, Graves can use Collateral Damage to unleash a skill shot that nukes the first target it hits, spreading a cone of damage behind its target to hit anybody yellow enough to hide behind the tanks. While the single-target use is simple, properly utilizing the cone is what will separate the good Graves players from the great ones.

Our goal with Graves was to make a ranged DPS that had some incentive to get up close or make enemies think twice before getting in your face. While its completely possible to play Graves as a standard max-range carry, this dichotomy makes for skill differential without adding a high barrier to entry (or any hefty, paragraph-long tooltips). Whether trying to maximize the close-up damage of Buckshot, or setting up the 1-2 punch of Collateral Damage, were excited to add a champion with true grit to the ranged DPS lineup."

Akrillo

02-06-2013

Dude hes holding a modified shotgun half the size of his body i dont think it has the same range as a normal shotgun. Anyway i dont really care if he gets his range buffed or not i play him fine just gotta be more defensive than the rest of the ranged. Puzzled that so many people are against the buff hes not really that strong.

Vuther

02-06-2013

Quote:
The in your face style lasts until mid game/teamfights like i was saying. If you want to dash upto a garen or darius and buckshot him good luck to you.
Don't ****ing waste your escape to Buckshot them and autoattack them until they come to you, problem solved.

If you think Graves' attack range is low, don't play Sivir.

Akrillo

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
Don't ****ing waste your escape to Buckshot them and autoattack them until they come to you, problem solved.

Dont know how you took what was said seriously but yeah DW bloke i know how to play graves decently. The basic tactic you just said is for all ranged champs. The tactic i said was a joke for the other guy just so you know.

Carnack

02-06-2013

Quote:
Dude hes holding a modified shotgun half the size of his body i dont think it has the same range as a normal shotgun. Anyway i dont really care if he gets his range buffed or not i play him fine just gotta be more defensive than the rest of the ranged. Puzzled that so many people are against the buff hes not really that strong.
I'm against it because it doesn't work with his kit.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Quote:
so you cant be useful in teamfights as a Carry what an awesome weakness.
Who said that was his weakness?

His weakness is he can be targeted by bruisers because of his SLIGHTLY lower AA range. But even that isn't too bad because he has a gap closer the distance of a flash so he can escape people who dive him, along with his W to blind the people chasing him.

It's not much a weakness anyway, since every other ADC except Caitlyn and Tristana only has 25-75 units more range.
And buckshot's range is 950. It's burst range is closer to 550.
Like I said before. His range should be lower considering how much defensive help the rest of his kit gives him.

Besides, his ult has a total range of 1800 and his smokescreen has a range of 950.

If you are not useful in teamfights, I'd look at yourself, rather than the champ you're using.