Griefing and division loss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dan Menial

02-06-2013

I just experienced a griefer. One who stated plainly that she was going to feed. Got executed by blue, then proceeded to go mid and die repeatedly. It was clear to all involved and anyone who checks logs that the person was intentionally feeding the enemy team. That being said, I was brought down a division for this, as I had a game prior been reduced to 0 lp.

My question is... What is there to be done? I frankly am offended by the idea that my status in ranked should be a game of russian roulette. I acknowledge that there will be poor players, but griefers are another thing entirely. A professional player might win a 4v5, but with a griefer, the advantage is exacerbated so greatly as to make the game entirely unplayable.

Anyways... I'm sure there are others with this kind of story as well.

I want there to be something done about it. Seeing the letters
MOVED TO DIVISION 3
after a game i spent with my face red in anguish knowing that the loss was out of my control...

What do?

RogueJB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueJB View Post
Don't you just hate when you type out a long response and then click off the web page and then when you click back hit a button and lose everything you typed!?!?! I do. Anyway...

There’s a couple systems that could make the ranked system a little less of a gamble. Because I very often get really unskilled players on my team such as an Ezreal who has attack speed yellows, Flat AD Blues Armor pen reds. No MR no Armor, and feeds for the first 10 minutes before AFKing because they get mad when the team offers advice because they really need help.^ Obviously bad, somehow Silver 2 and causing players that belong there or higher to lose. Little off topic there but I played a game with that today.

On the Nordic forums I saw a post about a “team builder” where when you Que for ranked you pick what roles you can and are willing to play. I love this idea, say require people to pick at least three roles they can play, a primary choice and a secondary choice. Have the server try and match people to their primary/ secondary choice that way when everyone goes in the all can agree on lanes and there’s no fighting. This would also prevent the lowest Elo last pick player from being forced to support, with no runes for it in low-elo ques or on new level 30 accounts. Similar to the Ques for battle grounds or instances in the all famous World Of Warcraft. This way everyone can play their strongest roles and not lose just because their team won’t let them do something they know how to. This type of system would still keep the core mechanics of match making in place and not change the whole dynamic of ques. Granted there would still no doubt be people who que for things they are bad at, but without that there would be no elo hell which we all love so much.

This brings me to a slightly more original (possibly stupid) idea. A “grieving” system. Something similar to the honor system, but that actually has an ever so slight affect on your elo. Basically for every few ranked wins, let’s say five for now, you will get a grudge point which you can use pretty much on anyone you play with on your team biased on how you feel they performed in the game you played. Someone feeds because “F*** YOU!” they AFK or simply rage to much and beat a team mate down all game, on top being able to reporting them to the tribunal, you can grudge them, with an explanation. The grudges against them could be invisible to the public and cause them a slight elo penalty. Lets say a person loses the game and 20 LP the grudges could cause an extra 2 point deduction If you receive more than 5 grudges in 5 games. On the other side of the spectrum you would also be able to vote for an MVP if you’re on the winning team. Lets say you have a jungler with amazing ganks that made the laning phase really easy, or a support who knows his thing. You give them an MVP vote, they can get a few extra LP because they were an asset to the team. This way the bad players that are being carried up, wont have the same advantage as the good players being weighted down by lower teir players. It would be possible to see who spams the grudges on unworthy players, however since everyone would have the same chance to grudge it wouldn’t really mater, because you are unlikely to play with another player who you will remember fed one game you were in a week and a half ago.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3096103

RogueJB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

As it is the only solution to this endless wave of morons is to get a full 5 man team and do teams. The only other practical solution would be a data base with the summoner names of all the trolls, but you would still have to dodge and lose elo. My idea for the grieving system where players can punish people themselves would be a reason to shape up. I've come to the conclusion that it's mostly 12 years logging into family members accounts to ruin peoples days.