Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Some positive feedback on the league system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Millouis

02-06-2013

I see lots of people crying that they are losing too much and don't feel the advancement etc but I on the other side, felt the opposite. I used to play pbe all the time for tests and lost like 6 rankeds by teammates raging that I was testing stuff instead of playing the way they wanted, after that i started to win and was placed on Silver III, while I was on a winning spree (5 or so games).

Won first game - 67 points
Lost second - 62 points
Won third - Got into series
Won next 2 - Got Silver II
Won one - 61
Won next - got into series
Won next 2 - got into silver I
won next - 32 points
Now i just queued again and people on the matchmaking told me they are at gold I, so I believe the matchmaking, as I got a 8 winning streak, is testing if I should be even higher on the ladders. Which didn't usually happen on the old elo system.

After the game ends I'll give some more info, I know the pbe is set so the system is a bit easier to grind up, but still, I believe its working just fine and I get a good feeling out of it.

Millouis

02-06-2013

Ok, I take back my positive feedback. After playing with/against gold tier players I won (after lots of blame during the game for losing my lane against kayle) and I only got 17LP. Playing against higher tier enemies should give me more, shouldn't it? I'm really confused now. And I heard other complaints about people playing against higher enemies and getting less LP, for example people duo q one plat the other silver... the plat gets +++++ lp and the silver gets almost none. Something is wrong there. The silver totally had more difficulty and got through harder stuff for him so he should get more LP.

If Yegg or someone else can come here and explain I would be amazed.

Edit: Also I've been told that winstreaks would give you more LP, and actually I'm on a 9 win streak right now and I got less LP than before (32 last game, 17 this one)

Millouis

02-07-2013

Played another game and this was my 10th win in a row. Got only 13 LP.

Millouis

02-07-2013

I started thinking and maybe its because of the Division I checking if I'm ready for gold tier before the division series as I've read about before. Does this mean if I keep winning all my games and then win the 3 for gold tier, on gold V i'll go back to skyrocketing? I'll keep updating this post with my experience climbing the leagues as I play although I don't have time for a massive grind, will play something like 3 games a day.

Millouis

02-07-2013

Won another game, +10 LP
So basically my games on Division I silver so far were: +32 +17 + 13 + 10
Its decreasing even though I'm on a 11 win streak.
Yegg where are you?

I wanna get Gold Division V before making any assumptions. Can't know for sure how many LP i'd lose if got defeated, atleast I'm carrying easy most of my games.

Millouis

02-07-2013

Ok, 12 wins in a row, this last win got me 7 LP. Now I'm with 79 total. That's enough for today, I think tomorrow my wins will start giving me 5 - 3 - 2 lp each making me somewhere around 89. Not even 90 and already getting that low LP... I thought my MMR was high and the win streak bonus would actually mean something.

Considering how much I'm winning, I believe I belong higher and so the system should notice. What is wrong? I'm dying for an answer. I'm not playing ranked on the normal servers yet cuz I don't understand the system. I'm only playing PBE so I can see how stuff happens but so far, I have no clue. I thought I understood and explained to lots of people what was happening to them. But looks like I was wrong. The system does not try to place you higher with your win streaks like I thought. The system does not reward win streaks at all (atleast from my pov). And fighting gold people gives me less LP than it does silver. What's wrong?

Millouis

02-09-2013

As predicted, only +5 LP on my 13th win in a row. I don't know if I'll keep playing. This is pretty much disappointing and makes my effort seem worthless. I'm not playing ranked outside of pbe exactly cuz I don't want my effort to be worth 0 and fear defeat so much. I have no idea how much LP I'll lose but even if it's just like...12 ? It will be worth more than 2 wins. That's NOT how it should work. Please make win streaks worth more like you said it would. I don't see any advantage to my win streak at all. I won 13 games and feel like I won 2-3 on the old system, nothing else.

P Chro

02-10-2013

Last night I played 6 games. I started with 61 points in Bronze 1. After winning 4 games in a row I was at 95 points. I then lost 2 games and ended my night at 61 points.

Lyria Eternal

02-10-2013

I have found that winning constantly does give diminishing returns. Why so? I couldn't answer, but I have found that losing a game here and there does increase the amount of Points you earn. I'm currently sitting in Division I of Gold, and I'm making about 12 Points per win. Of course the last Division of each League seems to give the lowest amount of Points per win as well.

Since the PBE doesn't have a huge number of people in similar Divisions and Leagues to choose from we have to face higher and lower opponents. The modifiers to the Point System may be what are causing the low point gain. So try to play on higher population times and see if that changes it.

Players that have been losing alot of games tend to get a large amount of points when they finally do win a game. AKA your Platinum Player who gained a bunch.

Of course everyone's experiences with the system will differ, depending on how skilled they actually are (and Afker's, feeders, etc). Some people did really good in the old ELO system because they got lucky or had a good duo partner. Since the advent of the new items it's harder for some champions to snowball and carry, but easier for others. Now I'm not saying all players who did good were carried, but some were, and those that weren't might be having problems because of the changing metas and the newer items. It's just easier to say that a system that allows for easier advancement is harming your rank.

All in all the new system provides players the chances to continue going up in skill, and proceeding forward. Rather then forcing them to play at lower and lower skill as they drop in ELO. As a player that climbed out of 800 ELO to 1300 ELO as support without a Duo partner, I know the sever problems that faced that system. I'm sure there are others who experienced similar issues as myself.

In closing I find the new system to be better then the old, but there is still room for improvement.

Flames of Terror

Millouis

02-12-2013

Yeah I carried myself out of 800 elo to almost 1400 too, but I'm the guy who always says he'll "fill" the role needed.

Btw I just won my 14th game in a row, and that gave me 4 LP.

I still think win streaks should give some bonuses cuz if you're winning THAT consistently, you probably belong higher.