Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL launcher not working

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kanevivi

02-10-2013

ok well i tryed the uninstall reinstall thing. my firewall at first completely blocked the downloader being installed so might our firewalls be the cause?

Thrift

02-10-2013

I have this problem as well. I played a few games with friends perfectly fine, I go to do an ARAM and only get 10 fps. This has happened before to me, and it was a graphics driver issue. So I reinstall my video driver, and it doesn't fix the problem. I system restore to fix it, and now the launcher never takes me to the client. I tried installing and I still can't get to the main client. I'm clueless now so any help would be cool.

Agent Jinx

02-11-2013

Quote:
kanevivi:
ok well i tryed the uninstall reinstall thing. my firewall at first completely blocked the downloader being installed so might our firewalls be the cause?

My firewall is turned off so that's not the issue, atleast for me.

i love her man

02-12-2013

im getting this issue too...

BekStorm

02-12-2013

Just started having this problem today. First Avast put LoL.exe in the Virus chest. So I deleted it from there. But still all I get is the Logo then nothing. I'm gonna try this next, I'll let you know if it works.

Quote:
Riot Ambassador:
Hey guys!

Try out these steps to see if you can resolve this issue:

Delete:
- everything inside C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\downloads
- lol_air_client and lol_air_client_config_na inside C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects
- everything inside C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions

After deleting these files, restart your computer. When your computer has rebooted, be sure to start LoL in Administrator mode, you can do this by right clicking the LoL icon and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Still having issues and not finding the answers you need? Always feel free to contact us directly at this link:
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home

RoreBAWW
Riot Ambassador

BekStorm

02-12-2013

Well I just restarted and ran LoL as admin and ran as admin using lol.launcher.admin found in League of Legends Program folder. Still didn't work. So I disabled all Avast shields and tried again. No dice. Just the logo then nothing... OKAY SO. After all of that I found something that worked.

Quote:
ODPrince:
I went to C:<Riot Games:< RADS:<projects then i deleted Lol_air_client & Lol_Launcher then i reopened the game ( as admin) waited for the Lol symbol to go white ( do not click it), when it did Lol restarted repaired the Lol Launcher and patches and i was good to go :/

The one thing I hadn't done was deleting the Lol_launcher file found in C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects. The admin had only said to delete lol_air_client and lol_air_client_config_na. But my launcher didn't start until I deleted the actual Lol_launcher file. Now the launcher is updating. Hope this helps. =D

Agent Jinx

02-13-2013

Quote:
BekStorm:
Well I just restarted and ran LoL as admin and ran as admin using lol.launcher.admin found in League of Legends Program folder. Still didn't work. So I disabled all Avast shields and tried again. No dice. Just the logo then nothing... OKAY SO. After all of that I found something that worked.
The one thing I hadn't done was deleting the Lol_launcher file found in C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects. The admin had only said to delete lol_air_client and lol_air_client_config_na. But my launcher didn't start until I deleted the actual Lol_launcher file. Now the launcher is updating. Hope this helps. =D

I have tears in my eyes ; ~ ; Missed LoL so much. I love you XD

Cpt McFly

03-15-2013

I ran the launcher as administrator. Worked for me.

kakwiriio

04-08-2013

i cant play league of legendes i click the icon then the league of legendes logos pop up and the first update/choose country thing i click play and it dosnt load i think it chrashes can anyone help?

Aeslabella

04-22-2013

Quote:
BekStorm:

This totally worked for me, thank you! I had the same problem as others, system restore messed up LoL and I had to reinstall then it wouldn't load. Thanks again!!