Looking for sub position for this week's DD tournament.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Hello, for those of you who don't know me I'm Bma, previously named CoenA. I was plat s1, triple diamond s2, currently Plat I in new League system and 2041 elo in Dominion before lolmatches stopped working [I used to just troll around and practice champions for SR in Dominion l0l].

My current Dominion elo through repeated Kassadin/Khazix play is extremely high, but I highly doubt anyone cares due to the methodology. My smurf elo is also relatively high as it usually gets matched vs players whom I presume are high elo. I generally do whatever I feel like on my smurf, and rarely if ever play any cheesecake top laners (I don't own Kassadin or KZ on this acc).

My main purpose in making this thread is to try to get a sub position in one of the top 4 teams for this weekend's DD tournament. The reason why I am asking this is because I don't have the connections to make a team on-par with the top level of dominion play and I usually have to do something else while the DD tournaments are on (Go4lol etc), so making long-term commitments with a new team from scratch is difficult.

In general I believe that my skill level is pretty high and I am comfortable with playing a lot of champions in a competitive setting.

A list of champions I am comforable with are as follows

Top Lane : Amumu Annie Caitlyn Darius Ezreal Jarvan IV Jayce Kassadin Khazix Leona Lulu Malphite Nocturne Pantheon Rumble Shen Talon Taric Vi Varus Warwick Wukong Zyra

Bott Lane (I don't play too much of this, admittedly) : Annie Cait Diana Ezreal Graves Jayce Nunu Vladimir Zyra

I'd be open to learning any other champion. I can probably learn 4-5 champions if necessary. Probably something like Kayle, Xin, Elise, Lux and Brand. I've played a bunch of other champions once or twice too, didn't feel right with putting them on the list though.

Anyways, let me know if any one is interested in giving me a shot at subbing for one tournament. I don't get too many opportunities to play in DD tournaments, would be pretty happy to get a shot at it.

Thanks.

Duelpower

02-06-2013

You don't sub for the top 4 teams, they sub for each other.

kirillian

02-06-2013

Not sure if Duelpower is saying that with a little cynicism or not, but you're ability and willingness to work from the bottom up is generally more valued in this community than your perceived elo rating. Dominion is far more of a team oriented game...and the ability to communicate effectively, know your role at a particular moment in time (because it changes throughout the game), and know what to do are not always reflected in your elo, even your dom elo. There are plenty of players who are at mid-high elo like yourself that are fantastic players in and of themselves, but struggle with teamplay.

And your SR elo means nothing in Dominion. There are both good and bad Dominion players with high SR ELOs (though, some of the best Dom players are also good SR players...)

As someone who hires people in real life, my first reaction would be to throw your resume out. As someone in the Dominion community who really wants good players like yourself to participate, here's what I would suggest...see if you can find a mid-tier team to play with. Most of the mid-tier teams have extremely good players on them. The only difference between these teams and the top 4 is time and practice. You see, playing together over time teaches these people more about the game than solo queue ever could. You want respect from the Dom community? Give it to the community first.

Does this mean no one will pick you up? No...I don't hire people all the time that get hired elsewhere. You don't have to take my opinion as hard fact, I'm just letting you know just how arrogant your application sounded. You don't have to change a thing. I'm sure someone doesn't care, but attitude means a lot to me...and to the people that I know.

A12MO12

02-06-2013

but kassadin and khazix get banned =(

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Listen to Kirillian, his advice is sound. I started on Death to Llamas which wasn't a top team and scored 3-4th place a couple of times beating FTV at the time(Mordekaiser beats Vayne, suck it Buddharice ). I have subbed for +5 and took PECS to game 3, something that hasn't been done in a bit. I currently play on FTV when they need me and when I'm free.

I didn't do this by saying "I will only sub for these teams". I have offered my services to a lot of teams and play when i can just to get my name out. I have played on some not so good teams. Anyone remember Wormy? He was good, rest of the team was questionable. I'm also fairly friendly and have displayed my skill and knowledge on a vast majority of the Champs in LoL. Not to mention I stream Dominion.

This all took months to accomplish. I didn't come in expecting to play for the top teams because of Elo or anything. I played with who would accept me. I proved what i was capable of, and knew that beggars can't be choosers.

Bma

02-06-2013

I don't have the time to 'work from the bottom up'.

This is one of the very few weeks where I have the time to play in a Dominion tournament because I usually have to play Sr tournaments.

It's whatever, if I get to play for a top team just once, that would make me happy.

If I can't I'll just play some solo q sr instead.

I have no doubt it's a better idea to work from the bottom up, but it's not feasible for me. I also wouldn't bother making this thread if I didn't think I was vastly better than most Dominion players and capable of playing in a team environment on a reasonably high mechanical + decision making level.

ps I get that it's hard to take my word that I'm good since it's coming from me alone. secondly, i also get that it's a far more effective strategy to be super humble about stuff and work from bottom up and slowly gather attention etc buuuuuuuuut these approaches will get me what i want 0% of the time. This approach will get me what I want 5% of the time, gotta take the odds.

Bma

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12MO12 View Post
but kassadin and khazix get banned =(
Khazix gets left open vs u guys, nice phage purchase bro.

A12MO12

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bma View Post
Khazix gets left open vs u guys, nice phage purchase bro.
You haven't heard of target banning? Just because an OP is left open doesn't necessarily mean it's the best choice for a team comp. That aside no one is going to want you to sub for them if you act like a dick.

Bma

02-06-2013

Isn't it normal for me to insult you after you (presumably) just insulted me?

Torkable

02-07-2013

Thread successfully derailed, +1 for a12mo12.