Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gifting Items/Skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SchrodingerBAM

02-05-2013

So, my friend's birthday is today. I want to get him a LoL gift because we play significantly, but I'd like to purchase him a skin- specifically, AstroNautilus, as I know he's been wanting it for a while. Therefore, I want to get him AstroNaut instead of RP, as he would likely purchase something instead of AstroNaut (and goddammit, I want him to end up with AstroNaut).

Would this be possible? Would it be possible if I went through Customer Support?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-06-2013

Gifting via player support isn't going to work, as it would set a precedent that either requires them to help everyone who wants to gift, or be viewed as a company that makes random exceptions for no reason (and it would be correct were they to do this).

They had a means of gifting during the Christmas (or 'Winter Holiday season') that it sounds like they're hoping to bring back at various points over the year, but it's not something that can be done out of the blue.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

02-06-2013

As I understand it, you can transfer a limited edition skin if you create a thread in General Discussion and get 2000+ upvotes. But you probably cannot use this method to transfer a skin that is available for purchase.

Example: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2644222

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

02-06-2013

Just an fyi, that 2k upvotes is for consideration, it's not a guarantee that Riot must do what you want. (You also had to have someone willing to give up their LE skin, which isn't necessarily going to happen.)

And you are correct, you cannot use this to transfer a skin that is available for purchase.

Mekeji

02-06-2013

Honestly I don't see why Riot hasn't added in a gifting function over the years. It would add to their revenue due to skins being bought that otherwise wouldn't be bought. I can't really see why they wouldn't.

It isn't like you could abuse the system by making several accounts because each account only gets 400 RP and that can't and shouldn't be transferable. Most skins are well over 400 RP and the ones that are cheaper aren't very good looking or special.

Lammah

Recruiter

02-06-2013

I too think it should be a permanent feature...