Should Volibear get a buff to his E cooldown and base armor?

Yes 18 37.50%
No 14 29.17%
Yes, also needs other buffs 13 27.08%
No, but needs other buffs 4 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

My take on Volibear, The Thunder's Roar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

He just saw tourney time by one of the best teams in the world, I think that kind of shows he doesn't need buffs.

SolShield

02-13-2013

im not saying hes not tourney worthey. his late game is real nice. but the lowest starting armor as a tank and any grievous wounds for his passive make things hard. then if you add the disadvantage of being against a ranged champ with it it makes things just a bit more difficult then it should be.

Inishi

02-14-2013

Just how op do you want him to be?
Volibear is in no way weak. He is a bruiser that can initiate pretty well, soak up tons of damage and deals decent to great damage. He is a pretty good jungler, with decent ganks. Great late game presence.
He is still consistently used in ranked matches. If what you're looking for is an op champ for a default ban list on ranked matches, you're heading the right way.

SolShield

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inishi View Post
Just how op do you want him to be?
Volibear is in no way weak. He is a bruiser that can initiate pretty well, soak up tons of damage and deals decent to great damage. He is a pretty good jungler, with decent ganks. Great late game presence.
He is still consistently used in ranked matches. If what you're looking for is an op champ for a default ban list on ranked matches, you're heading the right way.
You know, i do agree with you. i love the armored bear and he is a great pick that makes the game fun. I like his jungle and im happy with the recent buff to his attack speed that helps him get halfway decent clear times. i always have a fun time playing Volibear and im sure he has been used in ranked matches and has seen a decent amount of tournament play.

Besides the fact that his late game is amazing if you get a decent farm, im not asking for buffs that would completely change him. what I'm asking for are small buffs. 0.5-3.0 to his base armor, the ability to use his slow more often by a 1-2 seconds. the thing is, he is a decent jungler and deals decent damage. the entire opening rant was me comparing the numbers of other tanks. hes not a tank and hardly a bruiser, he has to build to that. put him up against a ranged that has access to grievous wounds or ignite and how easy is it to shut him down? Even with flash AND using his Q you're still taking a decent amount of damage just to close the gap and add the ignite or grievous wounds to his passive, whats the chance you're going to get away from a player that knows what the're doing?

SolShield

02-21-2013

In what other ways could Volibear be a bit more balanced can you guys think of? Just keep in mind that i would like to see Volibear worked on but not OP

Zatsh

02-21-2013

Voli is fine if not to strong, i even almost got a penta as him, he is a great jungler, and is balanced, his w does do alot of damage but early it doesnt

BillyBobJoeGuy

02-21-2013

I just think he needs a CC reduction on his Q. He is too easily kited (in my opinion) if the enemy has alot of CC

Den Vardoger

02-21-2013

Fear in his E would make him a too strong disrupter champion (poor fiddlestick and katarina).

SolShield

02-27-2013

ive been using voli in the jungle even more recently and i agree that he is an excellent jungler. think i pefere him top lane however his ganks are awesome if done right.

CC reduction in his Q while active would be an interesting buff (and not too broken) awesome sugguestion.

and i agree with the fear thing >.> that would be way too OP even on my favorite champ. would be funny though XD

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2013

So why did you res this thread instead of making your own...?