Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Wall of Pain Improvement] Karthus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nigelz

12-02-2009

• Overall I love this hero. The only problem I can find would be to incorporate the use of ability points in Wall of Pain.

• My suggestion would be for the wall of pain to become longer in length per additional ability point you have.

• For example: If you have 1200 distance wide wall, and 170 ability points the wall should be 1370 distance in length.

• I find a lot of players simply just move around the wall with minimal direction change. I'd like to change it so they would actually have to find a new direction around the wall or wait 7 seconds for the wall to disappear.

For Reference:
Wall of Pain - Karthus creates a passable screen of leeching energy. Any enemy units that walk through the screen have their move speed, armor, and magic resistance reduced for a period. Creates a 800 / 900 / 1,000 / 1,100 / 1,200 distance wide wall through target point. Reduces enemy armor and magic resistance by 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 and reduces movement speed by up to 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80%; debuff lasts 5 seconds. The wall lasts 7 seconds.
Cooldown : 22 secondsCost : 100 ManaRange : 1,000

Scrimshaw

Recruiter

12-02-2009

I think Karthus needs some sort of change to his abilities "not lay waste" or maybe just a buff, this idea is a good sujestion but it falls a bit short of what i was thinking, My thoughts having only played him a few times are based on the fact that i only see him played in 1 in 100 games.

enkichild

12-07-2009

This is a good suggestion, but I feel it is only part of what is needed.

A lot of people say Karthus is hard to play, but he is lacking utility and damage in my view. I've literally never had a problem with Karthus in any game, and that may be because I've never been matched against a good one. On the flip side, I consider myself a good player and I find Karthus to be lacking unless you're in a premade and can be more organized.

What I think needs to happen is a buff which would enable him to do more in pub play.