Any person thinking about trying out League of Legends should consider the following:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1337 SawS

02-06-2013

It is interesting how people are attacking my personality when all I have done is simply state facts.

The amount of abuse I have seen has substantially INCREASED over the past year, as opposed to decreased. Since this new "season" has started, I've found far more abusive players, far less teamwork, and far more ruthless and selfish actions. Of four ranked games played now (Silver league), every game had at least two trolls on one team or the other, with people throwing racist remarks around and people ragequitting in every single (ranked) game.

I'm sorry, but if you have any self-respect, you will not tell any person you care about to ever play this game.

And I'm sorry GON, but you are mistaken about almost every thing you said. I have specific evidence for every single statement I have made. Like, seriously, "downvoting" someone who is openly harassing someone posting on the boards? Making personal attacks on my sister because her son was abused in this game? YOU need to get a clue, buddy. You'd make a horrible uncle.

1337 SawS

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles Eurydice View Post
Wow, where was this 3 weeks ago? Ever since I've been playing this game, all I wanted to do was just unlock all the female characters and that's it. And all of this is very true to me.

I just go against AI to try to get better, then lvl 30s jump in and ruin everything. If me or another beginner just die, we get reported for feeding. If I don't get the item that is to their liking, I get reported. If I get a skin for a character I like and don't play at there level, I get reported. Man, I get reported for being a beginner in AI Beginner Mode Twisted Treelines. I once got flamed by a guy for standing on the alter, locking it, and running back and defending my lane. He actually had the nerve to tell me, did you know that standing on the alters will make the other team's champions follow you. REALLY? I thought on the third day of playing this game that the eye balls over my head gave me laser vision.

I'm only three weeks into this game and I'm already finding out how terrible and irrational "competitive" gamers can be... it's not really competitive gaming when it's just AI computers; but don't tell them that, they will report you for it.

Maybe I should just go back to La Tale or Rusty Hearts or something. I'm wondering if it's even worth it now. But I just want to unlock all the females, then I can seldomly come on and do whatever.
I agree with what you have said. Playing against/with AI, you can avoid much if not all these sorts of situations. You are also then not even playing the game as intended (a team game of five players playing against five others). But you will be protected from others. The sad thing is, this is simply proof of how horribly this game is moderated.

As my last point goes, if you do not care whatsoever about this game, you can have a great time. The more you care about how you do, your record, or actually try to get used to the idea of working WITH people in this game, you will be more sorely disappointed than Marcellus Wallace's bum in Pulp Fiction.

TehomCD

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 SawS View Post
It is interesting how people are attacking my personality when all I have done is simply state facts.

The amount of abuse I have seen has substantially INCREASED over the past year, as opposed to decreased. Since this new "season" has started, I've found far more abusive players, far less teamwork, and far more ruthless and selfish actions. Of four ranked games played now (Silver league), every game had at least two trolls on one team or the other, with people throwing racist remarks around and people ragequitting in every single (ranked) game.

I'm sorry, but if you have any self-respect, you will not tell any person you care about to ever play this game.
Ranked is a cesspool. They've admitted that while toxicity in normal games has gone down by metrics such as report rates, ranked has remained constant, and got significantly worse around the end and start of the season (presumably due to people wanting to earn badges and caring more about their placement matches).

But I have to say that in silver league my experiences have been markedly different than yours: I haven't seen a racist remark used in literally hundreds of games, and I see a genuine troll in maybe one out of 50 or 100 games. Maybe I just use ignore more liberally than you do and simply miss people devolving into worse behavior, or maybe you're just unlucky.

I don't see why you can make such a blanket statement linking self-respect and telling people not to play the game when you have the ability to control their play experience by playing with them. If you play in a full premade and they have all-chat off, there's no way that toxic players can affect them unless they happen to see terrible things said in the post-game lobby, and you can even avoid that by inviting them to another game quickly after the last one.

katyyyyyyyyyyy

02-06-2013

Like when you see the Khazix calling the Hecarim bad, and saying stuff like "report Hecarim". Just say, "can we stop being mean to Hecarim and just carry him". If the Khazix is saying like "you don't deserve to win" right after you just got caught and died. Just say "neither do the enemies, make them the ones that deserve to lose".

It is really easy to just turn negativity into something positive.

Solace Plays

02-06-2013

I'm new and though at the beginning I hated it I am starting to love it as I get better and I haven't had any run ins with any rude players they have all been kind and respectful to me.

Lammah

02-06-2013

Started mid November and I really like the game, even if I am still not so good vs real players.

I totally agree this community has a pretty high level of toxic, foulmouthed, downright mean people. I've been gaming online since the late 90's but this really beats anything I've seen before. I also judged over 50 cases in the tribunal and many were really agravating. On a side note, I really think the Tribunal should also permaban by IP rather than just one account.

I have a strong feeling that many of these annoying people have a pretty frustrating personal and professional life and take their anger on their randomly assigned partners.
I am also guessing that most have never been told good values and how to behave in public. Poor parenting most likely, or even lack of ...

Personaly I just respond very politely with a few select words and eventually ignore them if they keep on. Being nice and reasonable usually makes them quiet down.

Reyreyspeak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

02-06-2013

I've introduced atleast 15 people to the game, and know nearly 1000 people who play the game. Almost all of that thousand has spent money on the game, and none have had such an experience. Yes, you get insulted. Your ruining someone elses game in their mind. You can mute, report, and just be a bigger person. I think you just havent been here long enough to understand. I think you making this was just plain immature. You cant complain to the company for the community, because they have taken increased efforts to suspend any "toxic" players. If you got banned on Tribunal, chances are you said or did somethings you shouldn't have.

HonorableGeneral

02-06-2013

Did it ever occur to you, Mr. Saw, that the purpose of this forum is to assist new players, and not to spit and rant about this game?

This thread is off-topic. I hope one of the Rioters comes here and shuts it down so we can move onto more meaningful pursuits, like actually helping new players with the game and its mechanics.

Distrez

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 SawS View Post
I understand your comments, but that still did not prevent an excessive amount of bullying from taking place. He was literally in tears, crying to my sister about being abused so excessively.

The other part of the problem new or experienced players will find is that you are not allowed to leave games in which you are being harassed/bullied. If you do so, you are seriously penalized, and will be banned in short order if you make a habit of it.
First of all why didn't you make him play bots..... Letting him play against other players is just a terrible idea when you first start out seriously

All the things you stated can be related to every other game I.E. Call of Duty

Plus I'm sure there is a disable on chat you can do or something and actually teach him not to let people to get to him. Life will always have the A holes whether its in League, Call of duty, Minecraft, or At school playing tic-tac-toe or A card game, theres always at least ONE Jerk don't blame league for making him cry, Blame the jerks who get enjoyment of making others feel bad.

1337 SawS

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableGeneral View Post
Did it ever occur to you, Mr. Saw, that the purpose of this forum is to assist new players, and not to spit and rant about this game?

This thread is off-topic. I hope one of the Rioters comes here and shuts it down so we can move onto more meaningful pursuits, like actually helping new players with the game and its mechanics.
This is in no way off-topic. I have several family members who play this game, some real life friends and many online friends.

I have again and again substantiated my statements, and anyone who has issues with bullying and/or being stuck with bullies and cannot get away from them, they need to know this.