New rank system issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muramas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

I enjoy the concept of the new ranking system in which you can be promoted if you win games and fall down the ranking if you loose games so your difficulty is adjusted but I have a few issues with this.

LP: This is a team game, so if your other team mates do badly you suffer for it as well and you can loose a considerable amount of LP. This can slightly be offset by queuing with one person but if the other three feed then you are still out of luck. I mean if it was a 1v1 game like starcraft it would make sense to loose a sizable amount of points because you lost and the other person was better but this is a 5v5 so there is many reasons why a team might fail.

Suggestion fix: Make it so you don't drop LP as fast when you loose games, this lets you keep climbing the ladder when you are doing good but hold on if you start falling. The promotion matches will weed out people who are just barley able to farm LP to rise up the ranks and the ones who deserve a promotion can go up.

Another suggestion would to allow up to three people Queue together which will help lower the odds of having a bad team.

Demotions: I understand the need for promotional battles to rise up the ranks but I think when you enter a rank and happen to fall down, you should never have to redo a promotional rank again. The player already proved that he is able to do the rank but had a streak of bad games.

Judàs

02-05-2013

I agree, this new promotion after an uncooperative team streak is ridiculous. It is as if this new ranking system is either forcing you to play with a full team, exploiting the lucky option of having a streak of cooperative players, or punishing you for playing in the ranked queue. Call me when Season 4 changes happen.

Resther

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Yup, agreed.

I keep getting stuck with awful players, and it's really killing my chances of ever getting out of Bronze 3. I know I'm better than Bronze 3, but the system seems to think I only deserve to get one good team every 5+ bad games... "Oh hey, you're a Bronze 3, so here, let me just give you these four really ****ty teammates while the enemy team gets competant ones who you're probably closer to skill-wise."

I feel like moving up a single Division is an impossible feat, simply because I never get queued with decent players, and even when I do, it's still a challenge to the point where we still have at least one bad player on our team.

Please fix this immediately Riot. If not, then I want to do my Placement Matches over again. I know I'm better than Bronze 3, but the teammates I get stuck with are keeping me stuck here for an eternity. Even when I finally hit enough League Points, and won my first of 3, do you think they'd cut me even a little slack after losing 5 in a row, then 1 Victory, and then another 3 losses in a row ? Of course not. Nope, I get stuck with bad teammates for both of my other promotional matches...

I really am starting to despise this new system...

Lagenor

02-06-2013

After viewing all the other LP win/loss point **** I see on these forums for season 3, I might not even play ranked if I am going to lose the points for my last 5 wins with 1 loss. Just got 6 points for my last win(up to 93), and I lost 15 for my last loss(~20 for the one before that if I remember correctly) and according to everyone else, the LP I gain every win is just going to decrease, while the losses don't change? Seems like **** to me.2 games ago my entire team, excluding myself, died 5 times EACH by 10 minutes; I only had 1 death at the time. and that was just from the lanes beating them-- they didn't get ganked or anything!

Muramas

02-06-2013

bump