Just started, and I found a champ I like but...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AriesTR

02-05-2013

(Hi, how's your day been?)

I am not sure if I should be learning to play the champ (Annie) or should I play the free weekly ones, 'cuase you know, they be free?

I have played like 7 games so far (6 with Annie).

Thanks.

Also: Annie is the ONLY champ that has 100% mana return on kill via ability?

wHiSkErTeMx73744

02-05-2013

Hey AriesTR.

Play whatever you want to play. Learn one champion REALLY well, or learn several. You should get to know every champion eventually, but how you want to go about doing it is up to you.

Hm... I don't know any other champ that has 100% mana return on kill.

Onireaper

02-05-2013

Annie is a very strong champ throught the game, (one of my favs) free champs are for people totry new champs before purchasing them and for new players who dont have champs to be able to play them.
if you like annie, master her then grab another. or play a free champ to see if you like them, its your game play it like you want.

Kassadin has mana return on melee attacks, Vie has 1% increased mana regen for 1% mana missing, Swain has mana return for killing anything (not 100%) but it is good.

xRemnant

02-05-2013

Is okay to play your favorite characters often. You should try the free ones because they will help you understand how the characters are played and you might end up enjoying one a lot. One match with each of the new ones would be a good idea. Also knowing how an enemy behaves is a great advantage to have when fighting against them. If you going to play professionally it's practically mandatory to know all enemy abilities and how to best counter them.

For now, just do what you want. However, you SHOULD learn how to play at lease one of each type of character positions. Preferably by lv 20 you should own and have Mastery set for at lease one tank/jungler, AD/ADC, and an AP.

Tank- The enemy distraction, usually bottom lane or jungle with some help. (Ex. Amumu) Jungler- Levels off monsters and assist the lanes(gank). (Ex. Warwick -Sorry no Jungler free this week)

Attack Damage Carry ADC- Basic attack get stronger as match progresses and attack from range, usually bottom or top lane (Ex. Graves). Attack Damage AD- Basic attack get stronger as match progresses and attack from melee, usually top lane alone. (Ex. Xin Zhao)

Ability Point AP- Attack in burst of damages. Strongest during early/mid game and usually on mid lane. (Ex. Annie, Ryze). Most support fall in the AP category such as Kayle, Janna.

I'm sure more experienced players will correct me. Also these and other characters can change roles depending on your Rune/Mastery and item setup. Don't stress over it, just have fun and try new things.

I got too into it, basically try to learn to play different positions in case someone claims your favorite role before you have a chance too. Being able to adapt to your teammate choices will lead to greater success than trying to force two of an unneeded role just because you or the team mate is not prepared to handle a different one.

AriesTR

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onireaper View Post
Kassadin has mana return on melee attacks, Vie has 1% increased mana regen for 1% mana missing, Swain has mana return for killing anything (not 100%) but it is good.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRemnant View Post
Is okay to play your favorite characters often. You should try the free ones because they will help you understand how the characters are played and you might end up enjoying one a lot.

Being able to adapt to your teammate choices will lead to greater success than trying to force two of an unneeded role just because you or the team mate is not prepared to handle a different one.
Ah yes, I gotcha. I'll do that

SummonerNumber6

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesTR View Post

Also: Annie is the ONLY champ that has 100% mana return on kill via ability?
Malazhar from last week has mana return on his e.

Rompemann

02-05-2013

Do both!
Play a game or two of Annie a day, and try to play each of the free champions at least once in their free week. The point of playing free champions is finding out if you like that champion, and finding out how they play so you'll be better equipped to face them in normal games later on.

JonnyTapas

02-06-2013

There are about 20-30 or so champs that are 450 - 1350 IP. Annie is one of them. You should try all of the free ones every week at least once, and shop for the ones you like.

Around level 15 you really need to stop buying champs and save all of your IP for runes if you want to build the default 2 "Greater Rune" pages at level 20 when they become available.

Mistwalker8

02-06-2013

I would say to try out the free champions that you are interested in, that way you don't feel like you've wasted your IP on buying ones you later decide don't work for you.

Mekeji

02-06-2013

I know that feeling. I first played Skarner because he was free on the week I started. I thought I would never use another champ. Then I played Nocturne and loved to play him. Then I tried Warwick and loved his play style even more.
I stuck with him for a while then I changed to Cho'Gath who I enjoy a ton because I like to be the main target and with how massive he gets he is a huge target and everyone jumps on him and die to any of your allies with you after you knock them up and silence them.
I got Kha'Zix this morning and I have won a few games with him and got used to his style and now I love his play style.

Try a few champs and you might find one you like even more. The free week is a great way to do that and if you catch on fast to new champs you can generally have an advantage over others who may try that champ out.

However it is really up to you. Do you want to be the kind of person who gets good with Annie and makes my life hell with your teddy bear or do you want to be decent at a bunch of champs.

I am personally the latter until I find the perfect champ that is hard to learn and even harder to master.