Garen Q Bug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pallypal

02-05-2013

So, I was playing Jax top lane, and discovered something neat. Now whether this just be a bug with the steel legion skin or Garen as a whole, I don't know, but I shall explain.

Decisive Strike

ACTIVE: Garen breaks free from all slows affecting him and gains 35% movement speed for a few seconds. Additionally, his next basic attack within 4.5 seconds will deal additional physical damage and will silence his target.

Counter Strike

ACTIVE: For up to 2 seconds, Jax dodges all basic attacks and takes 25% less damage from area of effect abilities. At the end of the duration or if Counter Strike is activated again, Jax deals physical damage and stuns nearby enemies for 1 second. This spell deals 20% additional damage for each attack dodged to a maximum of 100% increased damage.

Now, after looking at these two abilities, I came to the conclusion that one of two things should happen with this ability, considering how counter strike acts with similar abilities, such as Parrley and Siphoning Strike.
A. The silence would pass through, dealing no damage but causing Jax to be unable to cast.
B. The silence is blocked on counterstrike, dealing no damage and effectively wasting the ability.

Neither of these happen. In fact, it completely ignores counter strike. So uhh... This is a bug right?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

It's a good question, but it seems a lot of on-next-hit effects like to ignore Dodge and sometimes Blind too.

Pallypal

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
It's a good question, but it seems a lot of on-next-hit effects like to ignore Dodge and sometimes Blind too.
Vi's E understandably still does damage, Jax would be hit by the cone, though it would be reduced slightly.

Nasus' Q is apparently suffering from the same problem,

GP's, even though his Q isn't even considered a basic attack, is blocked.

Vayne's Tumble is dodged, Darius' Crippling strike causes a slow and applies a stack but deals no damage.

It wasn't a small one time thing either. He did it consistently.

EDIT: Xin Zhao's Three Talon Strike has its damage blocked, though the knockup still goes through. Talon's Noxian Diplomacy is dodged.

I would also like to mention that Fiora's Riposte reflects all of these, and that her blade waltz is also dodged.

Further Testing reveals that Morde and poppy's Q both slip past. Perhaps it has something to do with dealing magic damage? Though that makes no sense in regard to Garen.

RagerDave

02-06-2013

Its working as intended. It has done this aince day one and now that garen is a common pick(he is a meta buster) expect to have this happen more often.