The value of Nasus' E.... A rework to pull the curator out of the library?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhombus45

02-06-2013

I dont think changing his E would be good. Its great for farming when he needs to put out some extra damage and hit a few creeps with his Q. The only thing that I would like changed is increase his range for W by a bit. Seems like he has to be right on top of them to get it.

Obnot

02-06-2013

I think his E is fine, Nasus is a late game farming champ. 99% of the time yeah i level up the E last. But really, does nasus need a buff with it? Late game if your playing him right your Q should be 3 shotting turrets, all while being a tank. Buff his abilitys just doesnt make sense .

Vengeful Twinky

02-06-2013

I mean I get the ap Nasus idea, but I consider that a joke for ARAM up here in lvl 30 land... Mostly because the damage is purely inconsistant revolving around spirit fires 12 sec cd and his ult. Most people play him for his late game Q, and when faced with a teemo, jayce, gp, rumble, vlad or just about any other ranged damage champ they will happily punish you for trying to farm up the Q for the price of 66 damage "initial+1 tick". If you're maxing spirit fire first you're in a great minority because your damage from being able to lvl 5 Q every 4 seconds is much better. Realistically each extra level in spirit fire gives 48 more damage when siphoning strike give 20, but the ability to get extra last hits in makes up for the low damage levels give.
If you think farming with Nasus is just getting cs you've been playing him wrong, he is built around last hitting with his Q, just like Veigar and, although pretty unnoticeable, it'll push the lane away from the turret which is the only safe place to farm. The problem is most champs have a ranged skill that is noticed and currently Nasus response is 55-66 damage from spirit fire and wither just hoping you can reach them in time to Q and pay them back atleast a fraction of the harass you'll get walking back to the minions after. Aftermath? If they're good they've taken about half your health for auto attacks or a couple mana cheap skills. You got them for a partial fraction of their health and you're at half mana while they are already back harassing you away from minions. If they get a vamp scepter or revolver early your damage is completely negligible.
I still just don't see the interest in his current E, it's not supposed to be a farming tool and its not even noticeable damage till you put in levels but Q is what most people max first for the cd so you can last hit with it as much as possible so it hurts late game.
Single targets have lower cd so he could use it more than once in a skirmish and I'd rather have his damage focused on the enemy champ when I want to hit them back I'm not interested in scratching minions after they sat in it the entire duration.
An instant 80 damage lvl 1 isn't that scary but it's useful damage you can land vs the 55 for catching them in an E, and the debuff would sticks to them so it's easier to catch them with the Q. Being single target you wouldn't have to charge 70 mana lvl 1 for it either. That's steep and could leave you without mana to farm the Q when a single target skill could charge 50 mana.
Like I said, Nasus isn't a bad champ but of his skill set the E just is most lack luster and he'd be so much better if it was anything other than a weak AoE that people stand in for fun to listen to whispers. In a majority of top lanes he cannot farm his Q enough to be scary late game.

BIitskrieg

02-06-2013

His E is just fine, Its an amazing farming tool and if used correctly can turn a team fight into a massacre. I build him as a AD/AP hybrid bruiser, which not many people do but considering the scalling on E the abilitly on his Ult the AP is very much worth it. I also jngle with him rather tahn going top, cause in top he is very weak at beginning and is usually zoned so he cant farm Q.

So the solution Jungle. Id consider him one of the top junglers, he can clear faster than shy and has unlimited farm there and no one to stop him. then when it comes to ganking W slows them down so much its easy for you and the laners to catch them and most of the time kill.

As for abilities you max E first, id say even in laning u max E first. cause E increases in damage faster than Q PLUS you can farm damage with your Q so why even max it? so by maxing E and W before Q u actually increase your damage output even if building strait AD.

And if your harrasing with E thats fine, but if u plan on ingaging dont lead with E cause people tend to run back wards in it to get away form it, so lead with W slow them force them to fight and then cast E right on top of them maxing your damage with it, that + ult pretty much secures the kill or forces them to run like little children, which they cant cause there so slowed by W.

Shanghaiii

02-06-2013

I like his E as it is. Especially when fighting and you have 1 or 2 low helath champs and the E has a burst that takes it down fast if they dont flash. Its a good insta-gib if you time it right. It helps him to farm a bit and also stop the harassing a little longer which is good if ur up 2 vs 1 top.

Rockoutwithmy

02-06-2013

I play mid lane ADC nasus :x
I max my E first all day, and its great,

Armageddal

02-06-2013

It's actually very effective to build some tanky AP items on Nasus, since it will cause his ultimate to deal some massive massive, and his E won't be so worthless. Glass Cannon AP Nasus isn't typically that great (except in ARAM O_o), but building a Lich Bane and durable AP items with lots of health is more effective than Trinity Force Tank Nasus in many ways.