Which champion tank to play as?

nautilus 11 32.35%
cho'gath 8 23.53%
amumu 6 17.65%
volibear 7 20.59%
sejuani 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

redo of which tank to play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghostvoider Rick

02-05-2013

Here is my playing style:
be able to give chase
dish out massive amounts of ability power
be naturally tanky to be able to survive teamfights
be versatile as a ap tank, jungler, and support
like to push a lot
be able to have a bit more movement speed.

Oz SammyD X

02-05-2013

I recommend Singed, he best describes what you want, he has a lot of damage, can survive a team fight well, he is able to go everywhere except bot ADC of course, Singed is one of the best pushers in the game, as Singed you need 3 Movement Speed Quints for him to be at his best so yes he is fast, as Singed you want to be the fastest in the game always.

I recommend looking at InvertedComposers Singed guide, he is one of the best if not the best Singed player in the world.

Here's the link to his guide:
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...ed-build-guide

(I was in your other thread as well)

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvoider Rick View Post
Here is my playing style:
be able to give chase
dish out massive amounts of ability power
be naturally tanky to be able to survive teamfights
be versatile as a ap tank, jungler, and support
like to push a lot
be able to have a bit more movement speed.
theres a contradiction in what youre describing and what you are asking for. What youre describing is an ap fighter I think... or volibear who is technically an AP fighter or diana who isnt nearly as tanky.

Singed is another option if you like to push.

But I feel like rumble could be a good idea for you. No idea what he scales with though

Feefeekiller

02-05-2013

I have a slight love affair with nautilus. He has 4 CC moves (Including passive), a nice shield, and his pull is one of the most fun chase-pulls, and his ult is just like "RUN FORREST RUUUNNNN". He doesn't work out so well as a support in S3, though I did do a good amount of support with him S2. His main place now is the jungle, and he is a damn fine jungle. Only problem is you need movement speed and attack speed on him. Something I like on him is Zephyr, though others may disagree and that's fair. So basically, great tank, great utility, nice damage, moves like a brick.

Ghostvoider Rick

02-05-2013

f I am an ap fighter, then i may have said it wrong, but i have tried rumble, but i really don't like his overheat system, but i may try singed

Ghostvoider Rick

02-06-2013

Come on guys, keep on choosing and help me out, because i will be honoring the summoners who helped me decided the champions in a large series of guides on one champ.

CerealBoxOfDoom

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvoider Rick View Post
Come on guys, keep on choosing and help me out, because i will be honoring the summoners who helped me decided the champions in a large series of guides on one champ.
I play diana sometimes. She can be extremely tanky or build alot of damage

Acanthus

02-06-2013

I recommend Nautilus on the following:

-Buttloads of cc, with an ultimate that is a near-infallible engage on a champion.
-He specializes in securing and preventing escape. Comes with a pull (q), slow (e), snare (auto-attack), a targeted knock-up that will follow its target anywhere (r), and a shield that doubles as an AoE on-hit DoT while it's up.
-Every ability he has scales off ap, but has highish base ratios on w, e, and r, qualifying him for bruiser builds if you need damage (RoA, Rylai's, Sunfire Cape, Abyssal Scepter, GA when I do it)
-Early/mid game monster (falls off late game, but remains a super enabler for the team)
-Ridiculous ganker
-Ability to push with w

Flaws: Fatass can't run fast, though he can utterly decimate runners through cc and sustained magic damage. If you become skilled with him, you'll learn how to use his q to glitch through specific walls into other walls to pull yourself through, and you'll know when you can gain movement off walls rather than running, but his movement speed remains a bit on the low side. His clear time starts out sucky because his w breaks quickly, but after you level it once or twice, you cease to feel pain in the jungle and clear faster than average (recommend buying hunters machete at start, but selling it instead of making it into anything). Depending on his build, he can be a strong duelist against champions without high sustain or if they have a low hp pool. Weak against endgame ad carries and ad bruisers and sustain mages like Swain, strong against most other enemies.

Arotisan3

02-06-2013

I don't know why Shen is not being mentioned. Obviously Shen is an AP damage tank.

He is exactly what you're looking for. Look at his reviews. Too good.

He can push (even split-push).
He can protect (dat ult).
He can taunt to distract enemy team.
He can sustain.
He can shield.
He can damage really high while being a pure tank build too.

Ghostvoider Rick

02-06-2013

wow, you guys have quite the responses. I thank you for the help, but i am afraid my guide has already been chosen.