Why riot likes health stacking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narvuntien

02-05-2013

A health bar is a easy visual representation of how tanky someone is.

Where as having high resistances are not inherently obvious to everyone.

not saying I agree with it just pointing it out.

I"d kind of like resistances to have a bit more impact against since there are several champions that rely on them to survive (non hp scaling shields) and the itemisation has more utility.

Alphazonex

02-05-2013

I disagree with HP stacking because Riot doesn't provide any effective item counter to it. And no, Blade of the Ruined King doesn't do jack, other wise HP stacking wouldn't be such a pain in the first place.

Dr Soju

02-05-2013

Riot decide to go HP stacking because.....
of Darius

DONGLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

because you cant open the scoreboard and see that they have randuins/fh

oh wait you can, and this is a terrible reason to make resistances useless

sergeantpickle

02-05-2013

look up onemadbrad. challenger that builds BotRK on J4 jungle. it must suck.

Lunaria

02-05-2013

That might be true, if so it's a very "cater to the lowest common denominator" approach and kind of bleh

health being cheaper than armor and resistance while providing protection against both physical and magic does seem like pretty derp design to me though

ecstaSTEVE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantpickle View Post
"i'm gonna reference the best of the best and use it to counter any argument. yeah, that'll work"

surprise, pros are pro do as mundo does

lol I died again

02-05-2013

I've played Eve for years.
It's inherent that I track your items, your resistances, your wards, and your oracles, at all times.

Mystic Blue Fox

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantpickle View Post
He builds that because there's no cap to damage on the jungle creeps (including Dragon and Baron).

It has nothing to do with HP stacking champions.

XantheInsane

02-05-2013

Gentlemen, I must too regret this direction taken in the game. Riot clearly wants to make the game take less skill. Why bother trying to gauge how much damage they will take because of their items, when you can just look at a health bar? Why bother with small things like positioning when you can just faceroll away all their defense? The amount of skill in this game is decreasing, and I can confidently say it is due to an increase in one demographic: Negros. The negro is a simple minded creature, barely more intelligent than a rat, or a cockroach. As such we must dumb down this game in order to appeal to them, because, while they really are too stupid to survive, liberals have wasted our tax money in order to maintain a large pool of expendable soldiers for the next war with China. While I agree with spending money to make sure good, Christian, while Americans dont have to be run down by those chinks, too much money is being spent on their living conditions when a simple stable, and three meals of hay would suffice. What more, mere animals are allowed to access the internet, and pollute our forums, our games, our entertainment. Why, just look at those beasts, throwing around that orange rubber ball. Disgusting, and immoral. Just like these nerfs to skill level in League of Legends.